Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado House of Beef

Post Thanks / Like
    This restaurant which is located on the 192 has been recommended to us by one of our friends who works at WDW.
    Has anyone tried it yet?...apparently it has only been open a short while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you may have to try it our for us Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    We've not been to that one, Slowhand but have been to another one (different state). As I recall it was pretty good! (It was years ago though, now).

I remember sharing a dinner with Herself and we couldn't finish!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 235368
    We've not been to that one, Slowhand but have been to another one (different state). As I recall it was pretty good! (It was years ago though, now).

I remember sharing a dinner with Herself and we couldn't finish!
    Thanks for that Tink.
    It used to be a regular thing for us to go to Key W. Kools for dinner on the first night of our vacations....this place was recommended to me by Ricardo and we always had a great meal and we got to know the servers there very well.
    Sadly on our last visit the place had been remodelled and had turned into a more down market sports type diner [in line with their other restaurant in Orlando] with tv screens all around the place and it seemed very noisy.

Ricky suggested we try the Colorado [giving me the name of his friend who is a server there ], so we`ll give it a go on our forthcoming trip and if it`s up to scratch I`ll make sure to get a menu for the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 235383
    I`ll make sure to get a menu for the site.
    Thanks Terry!!!!

I'll be interested in your review

We're hoping to try the old hickory this time around
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 235384
    Thanks Terry!!!!

I'll be interested in your review

We're hoping to try the old hickory this time around
    I don`t think that the Colorado will be in the same league as Charley`s Keith, but it`s always good to have somewhere near to where our villa is located, especially for our first night`s dinner.

You MUST give the Old Hickory a try....I`m sure that you won`t be disappointed, just remember though that you would need to give then a call and make a reservation...unlike the Gaylord`s buffet at Villa de Florez where you would be more than likely to be able to just walk in.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will add it to my restuarants to try

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Herself and I were just talking about Key W Cool's, Slowhand. We know that you and Mrs. Slowhand liked going there on your first night in town and wondered if the remodel/remaking of the place had changed that. Apparently it has, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 235395
    Herself and I were just talking about Key W Cool's, Slowhand. We know that you and Mrs. Slowhand liked going there on your first night in town and wondered if the remodel/remaking of the place had changed that. Apparently it has, eh?
    We`re in no rush to go back there Tink as it has really changed since the refurbishment.
    Don`t get me wrong, the food is just as good but it`s the atmoshphere which has changed.
    I used to love being there when someone was celebrating their birthday. One of the servers had an amazing opera voice and always received rapturous applause.

Post Thanks / Like
    We only had dinner there a couple of times, and the last time it wasn't so great. We had a very severe server (think she may have just defected from Siberia) who was completely put out at our not wanting any bread, potato, starch. It was funny truly, but we don't go out to dinner to be made uncomfortable so that was our last time there.

I know you both enjoyed it though, and it's too bad they changed it to a sports bar. That's the last thing the Orlando area needs, another junky place to eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast