Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chilean Miners Rescue

Post Thanks / Like
    Fan-bloomin'-tastic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Was watching it on day break (until madam arrived and cbeebies was put on!). They were saying that one of the miners has a wife and mistress waiting for him - both found out about each other cus of him being trapped in the mine, bet alot is going through his mind coming up in that capsule!!

It is brilliant news though!!

Post Thanks / Like
    oh really? oops!

Post Thanks / Like
    Number 6 just coming out now. I'm all goosebumpy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad they are getting out, I can't even start to imagine how they are feeling, plus it is great to have something good in the news, so much bad stuff is going on around the world and in lives of people in know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking about the last chap out. Imagine being him. After 69 days of being trapped underground but having the other 32 guys with him to then being there all alone all be it for only 40 to 50 minutes. To me it would probably feel longer than the rest of the time I'd been trapped.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the rescue until about 1:30 am this morning. It was hard to stop watching!

Yes, there is a miner who has a mistress (he was acting as the medical person in the mines) and he sent a letter to his wife saying that he wanted them both there when he came up. The wife declined. So yep, his life is changed forever as a result of this "accident."

Just incredible to see them bringing the men up though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Have all of them been rescued?

I watched some last night and couldn't help but cry. Tears of joy. I have been checking in with this whole ordeal for a while now.

Their ability to stay positive is inspiring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure, I'll need to check again. I haven't turned on the TV yet this morning. Just returned from walking the boy to school.

I believe they said last night that it would take 36 hours to bring them all up.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    11 so far

Nicki

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast