Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking a little boy to school...

Post Thanks / Like
    ... a true pleasure of my morning may end soon. Our leisurely walks, full of little boy chatter, and "look at this! look at that!" and reminders of being a "sweet boy for the teacher today" may be the one true downside to ...

my having been offered the position of Administrator for an assisted living facility! It's what I've wanted for a very long time and is with a company that is honorable, ethical, and has the true needs of the elders they serve at heart. A great fit, which was my primary goal in seeking a new position.

So, I'm very excited and eager to be embarking on the aspect of my career that will bring me to where I want to be, however, I will miss those morning walks.

Never a blessing without a touch of sorrow, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the new position Tink. Sorry it will mess up your morning walks though.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John. I imagine Herself or I will be dropping him off at morning care at school from here on out, but it won't be quite the same, eh? He and I are at our best in the mornings and I've come to really treasure the time we spend together on those short walks.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the new post.
    Maybe you could replace mornings with a short after-dinner stroll instead.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear Sis, I don't know whether to be happy or sad for you! I guess I'll be both So glad that you were able to find the right position in these crazy times but a little sad because I know how much that quiet time meant to you! My boy went to shadow at St. Francis High School today for next year . Can't believe it's time already, he starts the placement exams on Saturday and will play hockey for them in January if he is accepted into the school. But you have the car ride to look forward to

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that's wonderful news, and maybe the odd afternoon/evening stroll would work just as well

Post Thanks / Like
    They grow too fast don't they Sister Tinkfan? Good luck to your boy.

Yes, we can surely find another way to share some private, quiet time, and let's face it, my being employed makes life a little more "fun" for him too! :D

I'm really looking forward to being the administrator of this particular ALF.

Many great ideas, and the autonomy to put them in action.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's fantastic news!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news about the job

There will be plenty of other precious moments. My best is bedtime, quiet chatting or reading with no distractions

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great news Tink but sad about the boy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast