Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I make that call? :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Kate hunny, i feel so bad for you. It's a terrible decision to make, it really is.

Could you call the vet for a chat? Tell them what you've told us, that way, although it's ultmately your decision, the vet may help you to realise how kind you are being in making the right decision choice for your precious cat.

i only say that from my own experience with our rabbit who was running around the garden like there was nothing wrong, but inside there was and to undergo an operation would have been distressing for him and he may not have even survived it. It was an awful time, i cried buckets as i spoke with the vet, she assured me it really was the right thing. It helped knowing that she thought that too.

big, big hugs for you

Post Thanks / Like
    I so want to give you a in person Kate!
    You have spent all those years together which you will keep in your memory for ever....you never forget your best buddy.
    It's going to be hard for you, very hard, but you know you have to make the call. It sounds like she's had enough and it's time for her to go into a peaceful sleep before things do get too bad with her and she does end up suffering - you wouldn't want that.

I think most of us have been through this type of thing with our pets and there is no easy way out but they do rely on us to make the decisions for them.

We're always here for you, whatever you decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, thank you all of you. Its so comforting to know that im not being judged in any way shape or form, and that im not alone in how i am feeling right now

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Kate.... it is so hard to bein that position... yet, we are granted the opportunity to be in that position and to stop their suffering

Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly how you feel. When our Sabre died in April we were away at Disney. It was gut wrenching not to be there. I carry tremendous guilt that I wasn't there at the time my best friend needed me. Make your decision soon my dear. Don't let it be taken away from you. You'll know when it's time. Quality above all else

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry. I've had to do this and it is hard but it's the right thing to do. Hugs to you

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach Kate. What a difficult position for you to be in.

What a great and wonderful time you two have had together!!! She's been there with you through a long journey, for a longer time than seems usual!

She's let you make decisions for her and has been accepting of them all through your lives together.

You love her enough to make this decision, the one that allows her life to remain one that was treasured and unconditional love. Give her the peace and dignity that she deserves with all the love only you can provide.

We are with you Kate.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Kate I have no words of wisdom. Just a

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone
    Lucy's little life is day by day at the moment, when the time really comes i will know it, it seems at the moment its just round the corner
    I will call the vet when the time comes and arrange for them to come here, i dont want her last few moments of life to be in a box and the car, i want her to be here on her blanket all cosy, warm and safe - in her home.

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 235919
    Thank you everyone
    Lucy's little life is day by day at the moment, when the time really comes i will know it, it seems at the moment its just round the corner
    I will call the vet when the time comes and arrange for them to come here, i dont want her last few moments of life to be in a box and the car, i want her to be here on her blanket all cosy, warm and safe - in her home.

Thanks again
    we'll be here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast