Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you like to live in Florida?

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, we are all here because one of the things we share is our love of everything Disney including our WDW holidays in Florida.

But...would you actually like to live in Florida?

Are you lucky enough to already be living in Florida? If so, is it all we dream of?

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to live in florida for part of the year and could invite friends and family to stay maybe have grankids over for xmas

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anything could take away the magic of Disney, but part of the reason I love Florida so much is the whole feeling of being in Orlando, if I lived there then I don't think it would be as special. I'd like to live there for a few months in a year though
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I lived there for about 25 years. Do I wish I still did?

You betcha!

Tom (... Florida ex pat.!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh heck no! :D

I lived in the Tampa Bay area and hated it. :( The only positive was WDW.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd moved there in a blink of an eye if i could, no question :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't move over there. Be nice to own a second home there for part-time living though. Too much here to stop me going "there" and visiting every so often keeps the magic for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would move to South Carolina, I love it there. it's only a 6 hour drive so enough to keep the magic but easy enough for a long weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    If i was fortunate to be given the choice i think i would like to have a house there so i could go whenever i wanted too, im not sure about living there though - but purely because of leaving my family and friends behind

Post Thanks / Like
    We moved to Florida in 1997. We didn't want to live in the Orlando area, so we chose Ft. Myers. It was below the frost line. :D

When Herself's Da was taken ill, we moved to the Orlando area to help, and to be here for her Mother.

Disney still has its appeal, and we still go to stay (as we did this weekend). We don't go nearly as often as we once did when we first moved here (anyone remember those Friday night strolls, and reports)?

Florida as a state has the weather (that was the lure for us, and what keeps us here). The drawback is the culture. There is an underlying prevalence of bigotry and that is problematic, but we learn to deal...

We talk of moving away often, but can't seem to give up the weather.

Would we do it again? Yes, we would. Not for the same initial reasons, but we'd move to Florida.

We'd like to be on the Atlantic coast though, and may be one day.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast