Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the worst job you've had?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry it's not disney but its monday morning and I need cheering up

whats the worst job or jobs you've ever had

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was making cookies at a cookie shop in the mall. I've never gone back to that cookie place either. Not that it was dirty or anything, I just realized how totally overpriced cookies at the mall are :)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a summer job working for an airline caterer near Gatwick. Not only did I have to be there by 5am but I also saw how airline meals are "assembled"

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked as a dairy stocker at the Piggly Wiggly while going to college. I loved the hours (6am-2pm) but hated the work and being in a jacket all day rotating expiration dates in the fridge. The job lasted 3 weeks!!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    A waitress in a tea shop when I was 15, the boss was an absolute b! She made me so upset that I didn't go back. She refused to pay me for the time I worked so my Dad went down there I ended up getting a bonus too lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I did telephone customer service for an HMO (health maintenance organization) that was NOTORIOUS for denying claims. lasted 2 years and some change before I moved to another dept. I came home in a bad mood every day

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked in a local factory that usually assembles Christmas Hampers but in the 'off-season' times they do assembly for L'oreal. On my first day I spent the whole day sticking tester stickers on lipstick. It was so mind numbingly boring.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, let's see.

When i was a teen i cleaned a local building society in the evenings....until i almost set the place on fire, then got locked between the main door and security door and had to be let out by the fire brigade who called the manager for the keys. I was sacked shortly after

Also as a teen i washed up in a local restaurant, it was horrible and i asked for a night off to go and see a concert. Stupidly they told me it was the concert or my job.....didn't take me long to decide!

And AGAIN as a teen (you'll see a pattern forming here!) I washed up in a nursing home, collected trays from the residents rooms and such like. One day i had to babysit a girl i used to look after and had to taker her with me, she was maybe 10 years old. The owner happened to be there and told me not to do it again or she'd sack me.......what a shame that i offered to babysit the girl again shortly after!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! Mairead, you are a woman after my own heart! :D

I was going to say the worst job I ever had was working for the US postal service, but that experience has been trumped for the # 1 worst job by the one I left in July. Can't give many details, but will say I am NOT going to work for a company that has no ethical underpinnings or regard for the people they are supposed to be serving. 'Nough said, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    ive only ever had 2 jobs, one was a carpenter & joiner the other as an IT engineer. i love both. the one thing i hated with both was working in the city(london)especially having to carry all my tools when i was a carpenter
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast