Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the worst job you've had?

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on a potato harvesting tractor. Standing all day on a wobbly trailer in the hot sun with dust everywhere grabbing bad potatoes as they went past on a conveyor which often trapped my fingers. At the end of the day I had dirt everywhere. Blowing my nose was black for several hours even with a mask on. All for an incredible 1.50 an hour

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was a teen I worked ONE day in a golf club serving toasted teacakes and coffee to the old dodderers. I got sacked because when the old duffers tipped me they actually shoved the money up my skirt and into my knicker leg elastic! and down my top, so I hit them all on the top of their bald heads with the tray.

Glad I got sacked because I wasn't going back again anyway.

Edited to say... I was a tad fiesty then, but having said that I'd only hit them harder with it now :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazycatlady, post: 236243
    Working on a potato harvesting tractor. Standing all day on a wobbly trailer in the hot sun with dust everywhere grabbing bad potatoes as they went past on a conveyor which often trapped my fingers. At the end of the day I had dirt everywhere. Blowing my nose was black for several hours even with a mask on. All for an incredible 1.50 an hour
    Was that in Lincolnshire per chance? I see them on the way to work sometimes, looks awful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and I also spent 7 days working on Brighton Pier handing out change in the arcade. Hey but every Brighton student does that at some point. I left rather than die of boredom.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's nothing more boring than licking envelopes... 100 envelopes for 5p. I think they could be toxic! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 236252
    Was that in Lincolnshire per chance? I see them on the way to work sometimes, looks awful!
    No Cornwall. Also picked daffodils and cut cauliflowers with a machete with fingers so cold I wouldn't have noticed if I'd chopped them off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12