Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats better ipad or laptop?

Post Thanks / Like
    for a christmas present

I dont know if I want a laptop or an ipad. the ipad looks better but then I think I would prefer a keyboard and full windows programs.

Has anyone gone through this, what did you get?

Post Thanks / Like
    i couldnt live without my ipad but there are things that it cant do java doesnt work yet on it but i think its in the pipeline but the ipad is so quick not sure i can advise as i have both

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my iPad! You can take it away from me when you pry my cold, dead fingers off it!

And you can get an integrated keyboard/dock combination for it or an Apple wireless keyboard from the Apple store.

Keep in mind however that I'm an Apple addict. Got the Mac, the iPad, and now, the iPhone 4.

And by the way, there's an app for almost anything!

Tom (... self proclaimed Mac bigot!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you already have a computer? The iPad doesn't replace a computer but is good as a laptop replacement if you don't intend to use it for anything too powerful.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    laptop every time, you cant do everything on an ipad you can on a com puter would be my guess, ive not used an ipad but i wouldnt buy one anyway. so i have to go with a laptop
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok... should I get an Ipad? This is what I would use it for, coming on here and other websites, reading maybe, NOT listening to music, Not doing photo's, just using it for basics... is it worth me getting one? You know I'm techie phobic, so the simpler the better.

Bearing in mind I don't have a camera phone. nor a digital camera and it took me nearly four years to turn the puter on I know I know... it just got dusted, what can I say. Would I be able to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah forgot the showing photos!

Nut, we have 2 PCs and a few laptops but they all need to be either plugged in or they run slow, take a millennium to boot up when all I want to know is does argues do that thing I'm looking for etc etc. It doesn't of course replace my pc for photo editing etc but suits me down to the ground. Jon offered me a MacBook for Christmas and I turned him down as I don't need it, I will get a Mac next time we change desktops

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 237727
    Oh yeah forgot the showing photos!

Nut, we have 2 PCs and a few laptops but they all need to be either plugged in or they run slow, take a millennium to boot up when all I want to know is does argues do that thing I'm looking for etc etc. It doesn't of course replace my pc for photo editing etc but suits me down to the ground. Jon offered me a MacBook for Christmas and I turned him down as I don't need it, I will get a Mac next time we change desktops
    then you have bought the wrong kit then havent you ....my laptop is 2yrs old i put win 7 on it and it flies, takes seconds not minutes to boot

its just horse for courses, what suits one doesnt suit another right?

so to the OP its what you want to do with it that determines what you buy
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    What annoys me with buying windows computers is that you have to choose a good one with a high-spec and buy the right brand. With a mac every single one works as well as the others and will do the same things. As you say, it's just a case of different strokes for different folks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    thats coz they are only made by apple...if others made them you would have the same problem...id have to pay 3 times what i paid for mine for the equivalent for a mac...dont think so somehow. mine is nowhere near the top spec now...but win 7 is as close as youd get to the apple OS now and mine works great. really fast
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast