Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: feeling a bit scared....

Post Thanks / Like
    ok... long explanation, please bear with me

Tatiana has always been teeny tiny.... At 9mo she stopped growing altogether for a couple of months... her doctor requested some blood and urine test to discard a condition call tubular acidosis. The tests came back negative and so he determined she was just "petite" and she started growing again, so that was the end of it...

Fast forward to last week...

Tatiana fell at school... REALLY bad fall, she had a huge purple and blue bruise on her forehead and I was called from work to come get her because she wa sjust not feeling ok

I took her to another doctor, who specializes in pediatric ER cases... he checked her and said she was ok, not to worry about the bruise, to just put ice, etc....
    BUT.. he commented on how skinny and small she was, and on how "irritable" she seemed ( now, I KNOW she is irritable, she has ALWAYS been irritable, but I have to admit its gotten worse lately, which I had attributed to Natalia's arrival)
    So I just answered: of course shes irritable! she just fell and has another head coming out of her forehead, plus she hates doctors AND she had a baby sister... 5 months.. yeah.. 5 months ago (ok. so maybe a baby sister isnt the cause anymore)
    Anyhow, he said he wanted to have some tests done, just to be sure EVERYTHING was ok... some urine and some blood work...
    we havent done the urine because I simply cannot force her to use the potty but will have to .. tomorrow...
    we did the 1st part of the bloodwork on saturday (not a nice experience) .... anyway...

I just checked the results online...

She has high blood calcium...

Honestly, I didnt give it too much importance... and then my curiosity got the better of me and I googled it...
    shouldnt have..... cancer is one of the words that shows up on every single search...

and now I feel like throwing up...

we have an appointment for a very specific bloodtest tomorrow... and honestly, I dont think Ill be able to sleep until I talk to her doctor again....

So.. thank you for letting me share.. I just feel so overwhelmed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, I know it's hard but try not to worry about it until more tests are done and they can come up with more conclusive results. I learned awhile back to NEVER look anything up online that is medical related because 99.9% of the time it makes you worry too much over what could be nothing.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    oh sweetie now stop looking at the internet until you have spoken to the dr she is a gorgeous princess and i am sure she will be fine

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my gosh Mari...sweetheart

i'm not going to say don't worry, but please, please try not to look at the internet any more

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Mari try not to worry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari The internet is a wonderful thing, but its also terrible when it comes to things like this. I know its much much easier said than done but please please try not to worry

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, with just the results showing high calcium I wouldn't be worried just yet. You say she had bloodwork done for her small size at 9months, and it came back clean. If there was something going on there'd sure to be other symptoms by now! (other than just irritibility, which I totally agree with you about the fact that she just had an extreme injury and is a kid at the Drs!!)

Stay calm for the good of your health and your families! Don't get worked up til you know more facts.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    back to give you another

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Mari, please don't search any more right now, ok? Let the doctors do the tests as you have, and then work out what those tests mean.

We'll be here for you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww Mari easier said than done I know but don't look at the internet, wait and speak to the doctor

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast