Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best meal and worst meal

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome Keith, This site looks great.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1, post: 18227
    Thanks for the welcome Keith, This site looks great.
    Thanks! Great to see you here
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a really bad experience (or maybe I'm just easily pleased ) but I didn't enjoy my meal at Boatrights - there was nothing wrong with it I just didn't like the taste and we had a bit of a scatty server, very friendly, nice girl but very disorganised. I also didn't like what I had at Le Cellier, the only meat I eat is chicken and the chicken dish was so rich with not enough potatoes or veggies to balance out the taste. DH enjoyed both of these restaurants though.

The worst service we have ever had was in The Rose and Crown in 1996 by an English girl :rolleyes008: it was bad enough that we have never been in there since, although I am toying with the idea of giving it another go next year.:p015:

Ooh best meals - definitely Citricos and I also love Boma (breakfast and dinner) and 50's Prime Time Diner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Best meal, hands down would have to be any that I have had at Victoria and Albert's.

Worst would probably be one I had at Narcoosee's. It was a trout dish and I just did not care for it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Best: Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Very picky eater of plain food. They nailed it! Perfectly prepared and nicely served. :thumbs_up:

Worst: Off the top of my head, probably H&V. Not horrendously bad, just not nearly as good as most of the other venues.

Cape May also was less than stellar. I love fish, but am allergic to shellfish. There was a lot of shellfish on the menu, but little of anything else. They also didn't replenish the buffet regularly--and they were busy! Or at least the non-shellfish items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmm, this is a tough one. We've had many wonderful meals with WDW! And you all KNOW how impossible it is for me to choose just one favorite!

So, to that end, the best: The old French Cafe before they enclosed it (remember the open air seating). Divine. Jiko with Annette Grecchi Gray as Executive Chef (she's gone now ) Yachtsmans Steakhouse (but not everytime) and as a standard always (but for one time) delivers a great meal, Cape May Dinner Buffet. Boma was so very delicious when it first opened, and it is still nice, but it's changed enough to where it's no longer the huge draw to us that it once was.

Worse? Narcoosee's right off the bat. Closely followed by Alfredo's in Italy. Am VERY happy to see that place gone. Coral Reef, poorly cooked food and the nastiest bread I've ever eaten! BlueZoo when it first opened, and Spoodle's (a couple of years ago), oh and Capn' Jacks (the WORST mush for pasta. Inedible). ICK!

At least those are the ones I can think of right now!

It's the changing times that affect the decsions. We had a glorious meal at Marrakesh years ago (1996 to be exact, Spring Break) with wonderful service. The menu changed, and the service has never been that good since. We have had great meals in the past at Norway (nicely covered by Maggs) and Germany, but no more. :sigh; Have had some lovely times in Rose and Crown too.

It all really is down to what you like, and Disney surely does give you quite a choice!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 18200
    Ooooh Mags I've just realised who you are.

I loved the proper Akershus buffet. Stupid princesses took my norwegian bread. :mad:
    Doh! How did you not know? :p015: Right I have a plan to sort the princesses out. It involves the two of us and a basket of rosy red apples. No princesses will be hurt but they might sleep longer than 8 hours. Are you in?

Maragret

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in. If we can just get them to sleep through lunch that would do. I just want one proper smorgasboard meal without princess interference. Is it too much to ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Best: Artist Point, it was our wedding anniversary and all the little things they did for us to make it special made it the best meal ever - and the food was wonderful too

Worst: the Chinese table service at Epcot.....I don't even want to remember the name of it. It was really awful! Terrible service too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trust me to do this
    Best 50's Prime Time Diner in 2003 and 1992 and 1990
    Worst 50's Prime time Diner in 2006. The food was yuck and the service real bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12