Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a vacation

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot express how badly I need a vacation. I'm in the last year of my graduate program. And in the last several months I have been crazy busy.

I recently defended my dissertation proposal...now the big writing needs to start.

And yesterday, I e-submitted all 19 of internship applications. While I'm done with them and just have to wait on rejections and hopefully interviews, it's still nerve-wrecking! The ratio of spots available and people is not good. I believe that around 400 people in the nation didn't get matched. I just don't want to be one of those people this year, but then I'm sure no one does. I'm so nervous.

I'm exhausted mentally.

I would love to be going up to the Mount Washington hotel in NH. Never been, but it looks lovely. I want to put on jeans and a sweatshirt, and sip hot coco on the porch there. No tv, no internet, and definitely no cell. Just me, the beautiful area, and my Kindle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds lovely. Perhaps you should plan it as a treat for all the hard work you have put in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish, but I don't have the time or money to go another state right now.

The interviews that I hope to receive will be throughout the country, so that's where my money will be going.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of taking a day or two off and just totally chilling at home with no work at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    your not the only one billie not had one for 2yrs next week :(

good luck tho with the work :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Take some time for yourself, Billie. Do something that will allow you to totally veg on work related, and academe related issues.

Listen to me now. JUST DO IT!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    In this field, especially, you MUST take time out for yourself. It is imperative for your own mental health.

Now, if you don't have time to go to another state, perhaps there is somewhere close by you could hole away to for a night or two? Travel Zoo is a lovely site with lots of great last minute deals.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to relax some this weekend. But you know, since school has been busy, my house has been neglected. I need to do laundry and clean up a bit.

I have some netflix that I'm going to pop in tonight and tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's cold and rainy today and a movie while snuggled up on the couch sounds like a plan Billie. You really do need to just zone out and relax!!

If you need me, you have my phone number

Post Thanks / Like
    forget the household chores, they can wait.....do something you WANT to do, rather than something you HAVE to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast