Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very sad news

Post Thanks / Like
    Needed to share with you all, and ask for book advice.

On Tuesday last week our friends son,one of Liam's closest friends took his own life. We are all numb with shock. This was a boy we have known since he and Liam started school together. Who lives 150 yards from us. His parents became our friends.

Liam is hardly coping. He was speaking with him on the evening it occured and David seemed ok. Liam had , had an incident with him a few weeks ago. Where David was very distressed and started to self harm in front of him. Liam got his parents and we thought he had picked up.

So does anybody know of a book or website i could get Liam. We are keeping an eye on him as he comes to terms with this. For Liam it is his first dealing with death. And it's a friend and it's tragic.

I have told him that his life must go on. And he should cherish every opportunity that comes his way, As David now doesn't have that chance.

Thank you for letting me share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!! Siobhan so sorry to hear this tragic news. i wouldnt know what liam must be going thru right now, but he must be hurting so much inside

to you and yours

hey thats why we are here to share the good times and the bad, so you dont need to ask to share anything ok, we wouldnt want it any other way xx
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the best things we can do for those hurting is just to be there for whatever emotion comes their way. Be supportive and validate his feelings.

Such tragic and heartbreaking situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear this Siobahn, try this website for help, if you need to talk you know where I am

Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide (previously known as SOBS)

Post Thanks / Like
    Siobhan my love, just call me when you want to

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Siobahn I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how scared and helpless you must feel. It hits far too close to home. Is teh school providing any kind of counseling for the kids?

www.grief-net.org is a good site for bereavement. Esp if one doesn't want to go to a support group in person.

My best advice is to just talk to Liam and be there for him. I know you will be. I personally find that kids are more willing to talk in the car. There is something about not being looked at directly that gets people to open up.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear such sad news and thinking of you all

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Hun

just wanted to offer you and Liam a big big

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, thats so sad, im so sorry :(

Post Thanks / Like
    What a horrible situation Lots of hugs and love to you and your family. It is so hard to watch your baby have to work through something like this..but he has you and that will make it easier

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 236621
    My best advice is to just talk to Liam and be there for him. I know you will be. I personally find that kids are more willing to talk in the car. There is something about not being looked at directly that gets people to open up.
    This is the best advice ever! I never would have thought about it, but it is totally true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast