Thread: Best universal hotel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone stayed at universal? are the hotels as good as disney and any recommendations as to the best one to stay at?

I heard something about them giving front of line passes, how do they work?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have stayed at Universal several times. I prefer the Royal Pacific resort. It's quite nice. I've also stayed at Portofino Bay once. It was also nice.

If you stay at one of the Universal 3 onsite hotels, you use your room key as a front of the line pass and go into the express lines for the rides. It is a wonderful benefit and worth paying for the resort IMO.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've stayed at the portofino club level as we got a great rate. The beds are very very comfortable. I love the hotel and feel of it. I would stay there again in a heartbeat, in my opinion It was better than the Polynesian and we stayed club level there too. Food was better at the poly but staff and rooms much better at the portofino.

We were going to stay in the hard rock hotel for 4 nights next summer but will probably stay in the royal pacific as it seems more us....unless I can get a brilliant deal on the portofino. We will stay club level again as with 2 adults 2 teens it works out good value.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only Universal hotel that I've stayed at is the Royal Pacific and it was a very nice hotel. I agree with Johnnie that the front of the line privilege is worth every penny you pay for staying at a Universal Hotel.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    definitely the royal pacific for us too, its not the same as disney no way no how but its great in its own right