Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So much for me getting a house

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant my house loan is for $150K. But thinking about it, I'm maxed out with student loans so I owe roughly about that much as well.

You know, I was perfectly happy thinking I wasn't old enough to own a house and renting. But then people keep telling me how I was wasting my money and I should own, own, own! That's not going to happen

I could wait till next year when this falls off my credit report or I could try to rehab it which would take about 10 months.....but quite frankly, I don't think I ever want to do this again. It's not worth it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry Hun it does not seem fair

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw Johnie, i am sorry :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's just not suppose to happen right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    That may be the case. But, I assure you, I will not be doing this again. Just not worth the time, trouble or effort.

And I bet I will be completely out all of the money I spent thus far.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 236884
    I meant my house loan is for $150K. But thinking about it, I'm maxed out with student loans so I owe roughly about that much as well.

You know, I was perfectly happy thinking I wasn't old enough to own a house and renting. But then people keep telling me how I was wasting my money and I should own, own, own! That's not going to happen

I could wait till next year when this falls off my credit report or I could try to rehab it which would take about 10 months.....but quite frankly, I don't think I ever want to do this again. It's not worth it.
    It is a horriblr amount of work and no we didn't spend $350,00 on a duplex either. It was $189,00 and you would have thought we bought the Taj mahal. What about first time buyers incentives or Fannie or freddie may? Some cities also have their own programs to help people get in their first house

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think there are any programs anymore. Of course it wouldn't help me
    Anyway. This is a debt I have to take care of. First though I need to find
    Out if it's really mine. It's a private loan that I took out on my own. I font recall
    That at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 236912
    I don't think there are any programs anymore. Of course it wouldn't help me
    Anyway. This is a debt I have to take care of. First though I need to find
    Out if it's really mine. It's a private loan that I took out on my own. I font recall
    That at all
    I know I have chemo brain right now but you don't remember taking out the loan? Can't they tell you what the loan was for and send you copies of the transaction that you would have signed?This doesn't sound right ,

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that I have so many school loans that it's hard to keep track of. Sadly.

Post Thanks / Like
    The loan was taken out in may 2002. They are going to send me copies
    I just really don't remember getting a private loan on my own
    Then there is the fact that I never received any correspondence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast