Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you get many kids....

Post Thanks / Like
    ...knocking on your door Halloween weekend?
    Do they make an effort with their costumes etc or do they just maybe carry a lantern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Two years ago we were hunting through the cupboards to find additional treats to pass out we had so many children! Last year we were prepared and had tons left over.

This year, we have candy but not sure how it will go. Children dress up here... if they don't then they are teens or even older people and we gently tell them that our treats are for those who are in costume.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually have a bunch of kids! And almost all of them are in costumes of some kind or other.

We try to get into the spirit of the evening ourselves. My DW and I both wear the same costumes every year. We dress as the original mouseketeers! Not too difficult. Just a MM tee shirt with the original logo and a set of ears.

Our dogs also have to dress up. We've got two Cocker Spaniels who go as Rottweillers every year!

Tom (... trick or treat!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 237048
    Our dogs also have to dress up. We've got two Cocker Spaniels who go as Rottweillers every year!
    would love to see a photo afterwards Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 237049
    would love to see a photo afterwards Tom
    Actually, it's more of an inside joke rather than a specific costume. Seems that on Halloween, every time the doorbell rings and someone hollers "Trick or treat", our dogs go bananas, run to the door, and try to kill.

Ergo, they're Rottweillers. :D

However, they do actually wear a "costume". Attached is Sherman in his!

Tom (... looks like a killer dog to me!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 237052
    However, they do actually wear a "costume". Attached is Sherman in his
    Awe, he looks terrifying (not) - he's adorable!

Post Thanks / Like
    we used to all the time, they really made an effort to dress up too...not many kids around here now tho
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I still laugh at the group of kids that came to our door a few years back - but I've told that story before

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say we dont answer the door on halloween The kids round here just dont bother, a bin bag to me isnt a costume and i refuse to give anything to the older "children" who are basically on the scrounge!! This year we are going to my friends house to take isabelle trick or treating for the first time, she lives in a community where everyone loves it and welcome the little ones. Isabelle is very excited and is going as a cat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 237071
    This year we are going to my friends house to take isabelle trick or treating for the first time, she lives in a community where everyone loves it and welcome the little ones. Isabelle is very excited and is going as a cat!
    Have a fantastic time won't you - sounds like a lot of fun. Let us know what Isabelle thinks of it all when it's over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast