Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's get into the Halloween spirit - no pun intended

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any spooky experiences/stories they want to share with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think of when you hear the words "Disney World"? Do you think of Cinderella Castle, the big golf ball building known as the Epcot Center, and the cast of Disney characters you might encounter while walking
    down Main Street? Something you probably don't tend to think about is ghosts... outside the Haunted Mansion, that is. You may think it's impossible that Disney World, of all places, can be haunted. Yet stories of Disney World hauntings do exist. Here are a few ghosts who've been reportedly seen on the premises:

You might find several Disney World hauntings at Spaceship Earth. One ghost is a small girl with long, blond hair who has been spotted riding in a car. Another is a small boy who likes to hang around the girl. He'll run in front of her and vanish into thin air. This happens outside during daytime.

At the Tower of Terror attraction, the employees share a story about a ghost walking around during closed hours when visitors aren't around. When he's seen, he's walking in the wrong direction. When he's called, he doesn't respond. Soon afterwards, he'll just disappear.

At the Pirates Of the Caribbean ride, the ghost of a worker called George is said to roam. During its construction in the early 1970s, he was a welder who welded different pieces of the Pirates attraction. There are a couple of stories about how he died. In one version, a beam fell on him during construction and killed him. In another version, George had to climb up high while working on a particular area of the ride and he lost his balance and fell to his death.

Every morning and night before the ride opens and before the employees go home after closing, they say hello and good night over the PA system. There's a superstition that if they don't do that, the ride will shut itself down (it has actually done so on occasion). Ask someone who works at this ride and they'll tell you that they've had an encounter with George or know someone who has.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    come on Diane, i don't think any of us can beat your spooky stories can we?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 237080
    come on Diane, i don't think any of us can beat your spooky stories can we?
    we've been there and done that - I want to hear about your stories and experiences :D (I actually retold that specific experience again this past week as we had the MIL staying with us and she brought up the subject)

Come on guys, don't be shy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive met Mick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 237085
    Ive met Mick
    you win!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 237085
    Ive met Mick

OMG, how awful. I can't even begin to imagine how terrified you were!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok i have one.

Many years ago when i went to Girls Brigade (a bit like Brownies only tougher girls (or was that just us?) and better uniforms!)

We went to our annual camp...in a church hall

One night a few of us walked up the wide staircase and into the room we were using as a dorm....that's then we saw them.

In the dark, some of the girls were aleady asleep in bed, there opposite us as we walked into the room were........darkened figures.

We walked slowly, our breath caught in our throats, they were real....

screeeeeeeaaaaaam, we turned, ran as fast as we could, down the staircase....couldn't get down the steps fast enough, some jumped to the bottom. i did. i sprained my ankle.

I fought against the pain and ran down the next flight, finally reaching the safety of the communal hall downstairs.

We were frightened, full of fear...that's when we realised

yes.

We'd been frightened by our own shadows!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Mairead, thats so funny!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast