Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utilidors...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 237161
    we just know these things
    Check out our tours sections Mick - you will find the tours that take you to the utilidors.
    We have a video too in the video archive section on the Home Page....HERE it's the last video on that page.
    cool. will look when ive dont some mod work, ho hum a mods work is never done
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I've loved the utilidors every time I've been. You get to see much more on some tours but then the same tour with a different leader and much less is seen :/ so very dependent on which tour and who is leading it I think.

It *definitely* doesn't spoil any magic although we have seen partially dressed characters on the odd occasion :) hence the adults only nature of the tour.

It was fascinating how like a little city it was and interesting for me to discover that it isn't actually "underground" rather it's on the ground floor and the Magic Kingdom was built over it :)

I really liked it although I'd have dearly loved to just be able to wander around by myself for a week or so
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds fascinating......and we have a couple of spare days next trip

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Keys to the Kingdom was the first tour Donna and I did. It is a great tour and I highly recommend it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It was the first tour we did as well. The guide we had was on his last day working there so put a lot of extra effort in.

Post Thanks / Like
    First and only tour so far for me too, and it was great. I’d recommend booking it in advance, they have limited numbers per tour. The only thing that shocked me was the “staff pin bin” – literally just a massive bin full of basic pins that the cast members can take for their lanyard! We saw the area where they keep the parade floats, and saw half of the Toy Story characters without heads!!

Oh, and the ‘smells’ too – I’d always wondered why CLOSED popcorn stands still smell so good…

Other interesting bits that are probably widely known but I rarely see mentioned – there is only one visible clock in MK. They don’t want you to know what time it is so you stay there all day without realising it! And you’re never more than 25 feet away from a bin (or something like that) to encourage everyone to keep the park tidy. It obviously works well.

A great tour, ours included a stop at the Dole Whip place – how I missed that on the first few trips I’ll never know!!

Edited to add: You get a free "keys to the kingdom tour" pin too, that you can only get by going on this tour :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkE, post: 237243
    Edited to add: You get a free "keys to the kingdom tour" pin too, that you can only get by going on this tour :)
    yep! :D

In fact all the tours got to design their own pin as I understand it a few years back, so they all have really interesting ones now. They always joke that they watch ebay for a few days later just in case the pins pop up
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 237244
    They always joke that they watch ebay for a few days later just in case the pins pop up
    We got three (one each), when me and the ex split I ebayed hers :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 237137
    I don't think I would want to see them. Once you know something you can't un-know it. :) I like the mystery.
    ditto to this!

Im super curious.. then again, once you know the trick, its not magic anymore!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've also done the KTTK tour and thought the utilidors were fascinating.
    The guide even took us through a costume department down there, but I don't know if that's always part of the tour.
    I highly recommend it!
    [CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12