Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Songs

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just sitting here thinking about Christmas songs and I was wondering what types of songs do others listen to?

I am traditionalist and only listen to Nat King Cole. With the occasional Alvin and the Chipmunks and Rat Pack members.

Do you listen to the more modern songs? Country? Do you love those kookie songs? Or are you a classical listener?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a coincidence, I was just looking at my festive cds. :D

I love Bing Crosby's, Sinatra's and Dean Martin's Christmas music. Also the real corny classics like Wizzard, Slade etc.

And one of my favourite cds is - 'Tis the Season for Los Straitjackets!' If you haven't heard it, give them a listen. It really cheers you up.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I listen to the classics. There are only a couple of modern/remake Christmas songs that I really like.

[YOUTUBE]qK1odqo_Dws[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HGVNzgUxE-g[/YOUTUBE]

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Christmas?

Oh... time for Mannheim Steamroller then!

[YOUTUBE]JeAOG_Xp1GA[/YOUTUBE]

Or perhaps David Foster.

[YOUTUBE]OofkVPZXW9s[/YOUTUBE]

Tom (... a bit early but what the heck!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up on Bing Crosby Christmas album! I think mom still has it. We also had another album we put on while decorating the tree which was a mix of the older 'generation' singing the famous songs. That had Sinatra and the like.
    I do have to say now I'll listen to almost any holiday stuff. Just puts me in a good mood!

That Mariah Carey sure made one catchy song hun? ;) I hear she has a new Holiday album coming out, she says it's better than the last one.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I like most Christmas music, to include the classics, some more whimsical as Alvin and the Chipmunks, Grandma got run over by a Reindeer, etc.

However, I also like some of the newer singers and country and western Christmas music. What I don't like, and this even includes current hit music, is for an artist to take an old song and totally destroy it with a remake. Oh and Barbra Streisand should NOT be singing Christmas music.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the usual ones, but i hear them a few times and then i find myself a bit bored of them! I have a dolly parton christmas one which i love, reminds me of being at home - and I have a disney family christmas cd which both me and isabelle think is brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like
    i like NKC also the best chrimbo song of recent times is maria carey's all i want for xmas is you
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    There's just so much to choose from now. I just saw a cd that was Elvis singing Christmas songs, but he was also singing with a current performer. Kinda like what Natalie Cole did with her dad's song. Seems a little odd to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    A mix for me. Traditional alongside Slade, Showaddywaddy, Wizard etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast