Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats this about- Apple UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

From what I'm seeing, the Apple TV will indeed support sub titles (closed captioning) as long as the original media has it. This means that the show/movie/whatever must have the sub titles as it comes from the distributor. If it does, the new Apple TV will supposedly let you use them.

However, there have been some reports that the sub titles are rendered in a font that's too small to see. That may be an issue that Apple will address with a future software update. Time will tell.

There's also a software product that will do soft sub titles for Apple TV as well as other devices. It's called iSubTitle. Reviews on it sound pretty good.

Of course, keep in mind that since I don't personally use sub titles, this is all based on things I've seen or heard about. I don't have any personal usage experience with these things to share.

Tom (... hope it helps!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 238474
    Jeff,

From what I'm seeing, the Apple TV will indeed support sub titles (closed captioning) as long as the original media has it. This means that the show/movie/whatever must have the sub titles as it comes from the distributor. If it does, the new Apple TV will supposedly let you use them.

However, there have been some reports that the sub titles are rendered in a font that's too small to see. That may be an issue that Apple will address with a future software update. Time will tell.

There's also a software product that will do soft sub titles for Apple TV as well as other devices. It's called iSubTitle. Reviews on it sound pretty good.

Of course, keep in mind that since I don't personally use sub titles, this is all based on things I've seen or heard about. I don't have any personal usage experience with these things to share.

Tom (... hope it helps!)
    Thanks! Is there a way of knowing if the original movie have subtitles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

Found this post on DeafMac.org. Seems that now, at least with iTunes, you can search for movies that are closed captioned.

On Amazon, in the Movies and TV department, there is an advanced search that will let you search for items that have subtitles in the language of your choice.

Tom (... hope this help!)

Post Thanks / Like
    You are a star!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    was rather disappointed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123