Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you buy new decorations every year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive just been told off for being silly with money :( I like to buy christmas decorations a fresh each year. I have tried keeping them in the past but they dont look good the next year really :(

so do you keep yours or buy new ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep mine for years and just buy new ones when I see some I particually like.

I did have a red & gold theme on my tree but a couple of years ago I changed it to gold & browns so did buy new brown items.

Apart from the items for the tree I have lots of nic ncks that I put around the living room and so I put all my 'normal' accesories away and put all the Christmassy ones out.

I keep all mine in the loft, in big boxes

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    We have quite a few old ones that we keep We do buy new baubles mainly but we have about 10 'special' ones that have a particular meaning, one from Niamh's first Christmas, one from Disney, things like that
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had to buy new lights. They all went out. Bummer. I have just started to collect/buy my Christmas decorations. I have a silver and blue theme. With only blue lights and then silver garland. I love these colors for Christmas.

I think maybe next year my garland will need updating due to the usage with tape. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually buy a few new ones I really like each year to replace ones that are past they're best. This year I've bought some glittered roses that are beautiful from m&s, can't wait to use them

Post Thanks / Like
    We buy something new each year to add to our collection. When one gets too tattered looking we get rid of it, but not if it has been hand made.

We still have the Star of David made from popsicle sticks that a little one once made for us. The glitter is nearly worn off, but we keep it regardless.

Regular store bought decorations that start looking bad though we toss.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I just buy a couple of new ones every year, i love my tree just how it is! I always buy a new one from the disney shop, one with the characters and the date on!

Post Thanks / Like
    We buy new if we need them, and of course we add a couple of new each year, but other than that we keep them from year to year.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I may replace an ornament or two if they get broken or worn out, but for me part of the joy of putting our tree up to see each ornament every year and remember when it was bought or who I recieved it from.

I have my White House ornaments that I've recieved over the years from some special friends and also all the Disney ones that I've collected since the first time I ever went to Disney. I collect bell ornaments too and my new one for this year is a Mickey head with jingle bells inside :D:D

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep Keep Keep!! I loved seeing the same decorations come out each year and I still love seeing them when we go to my Mom and Dad's over the holidays. My Sister and I have tons of stories about playing games with the gingerbread house and putting Barbie dolls on the camels from my Mom's nativity set I like that and hope that my kids have the same stories.

Like others have said we replace what is broken or worn if it doesn't really have meaning to us, but most things I hang on to and will until it just isn't possible anymore. Guess I'm just a sap :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast