Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do you buy new decorations every year?

Post Thanks / Like
    we used to keep ours for years...we dont put chains up on the ceiling now tho as we had the ceiling skimmed flat not long ago...we did get a real nice tree a 2 yrs back after seeing one that one ouf our members hadso we just dress that and the fireplace now
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I am guilty of this! I like buy new ones every year!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We keep pretty much everything-but not everything makes it up every year. If it breaks it obvisouly goes, but man, I have TONS of ornaments and decorations.

DH makes fun of me because I have a "Kitty's 1st Christmas" ornament-my cat died over 15 years ago! (how can I get rid of that??)
    I have my "baby's 1st christmas" from 1978!
    I have this Oscar the Grouch ornament I made in Girl Scouts that is just a disaster-but it's filled with so many memories even if I just see it every year and not put it on the tree it makes me happy!

One thing I finally let go of was a vase made from a salad dressing bottle-back when they were glass- that I made in 2nd grade-it was truly a mess of glitter and glue!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I may buy one or two new babules but apart from that I use the same until they get tatty. Most of my babules are from WDW which have great memories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12