Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 3d TV - anyone got one yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 241840
    Not sure why Mick the quality on the one we saw was pin sharp, otherwise we wouldn't have gone for it.
    not on the set i was watching chris hd was ok but normal wasnt good at all poor imo
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 241861
    yeah i do...on normal viewing (non hd) around people it was fuzzy a king of sparkly fuzzy, really hard to describe but on hd it was a different story altogether and that was on a 1700 LG set...compared to a 50" panasonic plasma theirs no contest...they reckon the pioneer plasmas were good but now they have gone bust(the tv arm of the company)pansonics are best...i always thought that anyway tbh and blueray on a panasonic plasma just blew me away
    Really? We're watching standard def right now and even if I get up close to the screen it's razor sharp Different strokes for different folks I suppose!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Mick on the standard definition actually. I think standard definition works out much better on a plasma than an LCD/LED. I think maybe its just a difference in the technology but when you see the lower resolution of SD scaled up to a LOT of pixels, how the TV does its scaling really seems to matter.

Some how the plasma smooths out the resolution whereas the LCD/LED pixel sharp seems to look wrong, like using an LCD computer monitor at an incorrect resolution.

Heck, all the tvs are so great really relatively to just a few years ago but yeah, there are differences.

I'd still be happy if someone gave me a 46/50" plasma LED LCD or heck anything really
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway. I'm happy with what I got and I'm looking forward to it coming

Read some really great reviews on it since.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 241934
    Anyway. I'm happy with what I got and I'm looking forward to it coming

Read some really great reviews on it since.
    The samsungs are so great these days they really really are. Thats exactly the one I'd love to get
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 241930
    Really? We're watching standard def right now and even if I get up close to the screen it's razor sharp Different strokes for different folks I suppose!
    not a case of that at all josh...the LG in std def wasnt very good at all...thats all im saying i cant go by another other make as ive not seen any other leds but for 1700 smackers id want a heck of a lot better than that, thats why id plump for a plasma on a BIG screen
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 241940
    not a case of that at all josh...the LG in std def wasnt very good at all...thats all im saying i cant go by another other make as ive not seen any other leds but for 1700 smackers id want a heck of a lot better than that, thats why id plump for a plasma on a BIG screen
    Well we have an LED LG set and we're watching it right now in standard definition and it's honestly fine. Even if I go right up to the screen. Very strange that you'd have a bad experience with such an expensive one too.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 241946
    Well we have an LED LG set and we're watching it right now in standard definition and it's honestly fine. Even if I go right up to the screen. Very strange that you'd have a bad experience with such an expensive one too.
    i know, still its not mine so im not worried

im going for a 50" panasonic plasma
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice they are too, our lounge isn't big enough for one though

Always liked Panasonic stuff

Looking for a home cinema system to go with it and I really like the look of the Sony system that has the golf ball sized speakers - hate the great big things we have now

I'm hoping I can just connect everything ( PS3, SKY, Blu ray) to it using just the optical output and connect them all to the TV using the HDMI I really don't want to have to have the surround on to use any of these when I don't want to for watching the news etc - think its called teh ID100 or something - tiny little speakers but crazy powerful

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a yamaha TV stand that has surround sound built into it. It's really good.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast