Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3d TV - anyone got one yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Our TV sits on the end of long wooden cabinet so we can't really have a built in stand for it - we do have a great panasonic DVD/hometheatre setup at the moment but the speakers are getting old and dirty and if we can get tiny speakers that would be great - it costs extra but the rear ones do work wirelessly on the sony as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 241992
    Our TV sits on the end of long wooden cabinet so we can't really have a built in stand for it - we do have a great panasonic DVD/hometheatre setup at the moment but the speakers are getting old and dirty and if we can get tiny speakers that would be great - it costs extra but the rear ones do work wirelessly on the sony as well
    The sony ones do sound fantastic Wireless really does help too. We have wooden flooring so we decided not to go for a wired set up and at the time we bought ours wireless hadn't really come out with anything great. I'd definitely go for the wireless ones
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 241983
    Very nice they are too, our lounge isn't big enough for one though

Always liked Panasonic stuff

Looking for a home cinema system to go with it and I really like the look of the Sony system that has the golf ball sized speakers - hate the great big things we have now

I'm hoping I can just connect everything ( PS3, SKY, Blu ray) to it using just the optical output and connect them all to the TV using the HDMI I really don't want to have to have the surround on to use any of these when I don't want to for watching the news etc - think its called teh ID100 or something - tiny little speakers but crazy powerful
    with plasmas the pioneer were supposedly the best but that arm of the company have gone bust and its widely recognised that the panasonic stands out big time now way abouve anything else out there.

im looking at a bose wireless system if i can afford it, i have an onkyo cinema sound amp now with tannoy speakers and im quite happy with the sound....the separation is really good when playing a dvd in dts mode esp the sound effect on something like the newer star trek films and the sound track (full orchestral) sounds superb
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    All these men going into tv shops... now I know why they keep going. Where else could you get blown away for free!

Post Thanks / Like
    It arrived today

All setup now

HD sky is mind-blowing , watched harry potter inhd and it is just phenomenal, almost hyper real. It does however make standard def look just awful, but that is more a function of how exceptional HD is !!!

The sky 3d channel is pure magic, watched 'cloudy with a chance of meatballs' and it was pixel perfect, no cross talk at all!!

With 50+ channels in hd including 3 Disney channels we are going to be happy

The blu ray is not a dear one but it's our 1st venture into blu ray and it is cut your eyes sharp. Shrek 3d looks great and the cleaver old samsung can convert the 3d to 2d if you want!!

An unexpected bonus is that the samsung can convert any Programme into 3d !!! Ok some are not brilliant but some are remarkable

The PS3 looks spectacular as well.

I'm sure some systems are better technically but I would struggle to see how it was possible to improve on the picture quality , now that I have had a fairly long play with the picture set up and got it how I like.

Only downside is the sound, which is frankly fine for watching the news and documentaries etc. So a Sony surround will rectify that, it does look like I can output everything to an optical audio and run it through that.

Only mental thing during setup was the PS3!!! the only way to connect it via the hdmi cable was to go into settings and select hdmi out, so I had to connect it via the component first then change the output selection, quickly change the channel to the hdmi and 'agree settings' as it timed out after a few seconds, crazy stuff.

Anyway the little big planet 2 demo we downloaded looks phenomenal , and works really well in 3d .

Keith man, the samsung 8000 46 inch is a thing of slender beauty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 242590
    Keith man, the samsung 8000 46 inch is a thing of slender beauty
    You're killing me dude

Yep, it's the one I'd buy for sure. I think I've spent more time in front of the demo one in Currys than at home

Glad you're pleased with it
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    It is substantially smaller and lighter than our 42 inch plasma which is strange and the connectivity is very impressive as well

Carpe diem old friend, we come this way only once and all that

Avatar is on on Feb5th on sky 3d , you can only buy this on blu ray as part of a package with the panasonic plasmas and is currently going for an insane 400 on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooo Alice in wonderland is on in 3d next week as are toy story 3 and 2

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you love it, it does sound fantastic!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    So impressed with the blacks at the moment.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast