Thread: i need some help from my US friends please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lance will be 50 soon, Sally has been trying to find a copy of the New York Times for 12 December 1960 as he was born there.

She's had no luck so far and I'm wondering if anybody may be able to find one or point me in the right direction?

This is the message i just received from her .....

"used Simply Personalised which was given to me by the New York Times customer services. Certainly I would be really grateful if anyone manages to get hold of one, it would be brilliant as Lance would love it, and would love showing his Mum to jog her memories………….The cost through Simply Personalised was 49.99 dollars + 40 dollars postage!"

so any help would be much appreciated, his Mum has alzheimers so it would be realy good for her too

thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give. xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mum!

Actually, the NY Times has a online store where you can get various reprints for Birthday's.

Here's the online store already searched for birthday gifts.

Tom (... hope it helps!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom, i wonder if she's seen that

Post Thanks / Like
    I used them last year to get a paper for dad's birthday.

If you want, you could have it sent to me and i could forward it on. I imagine it would be a lot cheaper than $40 to mail.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your offer Johnie

fingers crossed i found one on ebay, it's a company rather than an individual, and the whole newspaper compared to just the front page some are offering, reprinted on newspaper paper, total cost was around $70 which she's prepared to pay so i hope it works out. it's always a bit worrying when ordering online anyway isn't it? i'm sure it'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    A company on Ebay should be fine. Do they have good feedback? Also if you pay with paypal you have protection there should something go wrong. Good luck!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 238641
    A company on Ebay should be fine. Do they have good feedback? Also if you pay with paypal you have protection there should something go wrong. Good luck!

their feedback is 99. something with over 5000 transactions. Sally offered less and they accepted, around $10-15 less, i can't remember the original price.

The front cover has a report about heavy snow and Sally remembered Lance had told her that when his Mum was in labour with him they had to call an ambulance as they couldn't get out in the snow...how cool is that?!! I think he's going to be chuffed with it!