Thread: Tip mousekeeping?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya do we have to tip mousekeeping at a disney resort? opinion seems split one book said yes another said that they arent tipped?

Post Thanks / Like
    It really is up to you if you leave a tip or not. I do leave a tip everyday since you just don't know who is going to be doing your room each time. For me it's a nice way to say thank you for cleaning up after me and making my vacation a little nicer.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to WDW policy, housekeeping is not a tipped position, unlike food servers, bell services or valet. So if you're staying at a WDW resort, tipping housekeeping is not mandatory. Some US resorts and hotels have cards or envelopes left daily by housekeeping as a less than subtle hint.

So it's up to you whether or not you tip. I do, because I really dislike cleaning up behind others and appreciate it when others do it for me--even if they are being paid!

If you do tip, be sure to do it daily rather than at the end of your visit. The staff can change several times during a visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tipping a housekeeper/chambermaid it totally at your descretion and if you don't tip, do not feel bad!

It depends upon where I'm staying and if I'm using DVC points. If I'm using points at a DVC villa, no I don't tip.

Otherwise, it totally depends upon the condition of the room, and if I have cash.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We always tip because we dash out every morning leaving our room looking like a tornado whipped through it and come back in the evening to a nice tidy room.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always leave a couple of dollars and a 'thank you' each day. I don't know if it does make a difference but we've always had well cleaned rooms upon our return. :thumbs_up:
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    its a difficult one - we usually do and feel bad when we forget

Post Thanks / Like
    And a couple of times we left a tip - in a mousekeeping envelope - and they've not taken it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always do :p015:

Like most have already said it is only a few dollars, but we have always been very happy with the mousekeeping staff. More often than not we get happy little surprises when we get back "home" at the end of the night.

We always make envelopes just because I think if we left cash out they wouldn't know if they should take it or not. I figure it takes the question out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't typically tip. It's not a tipped position. We tend to clean up after ourselves pretty much.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!