Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney busses again

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. so yes, people do stare... but not in a bad way.. its simply because you will have to get into the bus first.... so what else is left for people to do but see who's getting on first?... and its also quite fun to see a bus reclining and/or a ramp or a lift....

I did get some rude comments once for getting loaded first (since its you and your party...) but then agian, its Disney's rules, I didnt make them up.. and although I did get on the bus first, I was the last one to get off, since you have to wait until eveyrone is outof the bus for the driver to come and unlock the straps and lower the ramp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 18509
    And why would anyone stare and embarrass you?

They are trying to enjoy their holiday too!

And if they do, ask if you have lobsters crawlng out of your ears.
    hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 18632
    During one holiday at Disney, when one in my party needed a WC for a broken leg (full leg cast) I only had one problem with the HC bus issue and that was with a driver!

The driver came to the back to load the chair, and when the person got out to make it easier, he said "I don't care what you do," and walked away. I was left to load the chair myself, and without the help of another passenger would not have been able to do that.

I was pretty surprised by that, but the driver went on to demonstrate further rudeness on that bus ride (to other passengers) so clearly was not a well trained driver.

Otherwise, it was a very successful trip. WDW in general, does provide for good HC access.
    wow... thats sooooooooooo undisney like....

Post Thanks / Like
    As everyone has said you are boarded and seated first. DS is in a wheelchair and yes I have felt a little uncomfortable as the driver is lowering the bus and securing chair in position as it can take some time. I think that has been due to my own self consciousness rather than any ill feeling from people waiting to board. I have enjoyed many conversations with fellow passengers on the journeys and some have shown acts of kindness towards my DS that have deeply touched me.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW