Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airport security

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I think all of this so called extra security measures is ridiculous. It's a complete farce. They are harassing law abiding citizens. The people who DO want to do harm will continue to find ways to circumvent the system.

I imagine they'll be doing full body cavity searches next and I don't have anywhere I need to go that badly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm all for good security but the account of the person with a urostomy bag highlights a serious privacy/safeguarding concern. You'd have to pat quite hard to burst one I would think. 90% of the security people I have encountered have been lovely and then we flew to Atlanta...talk about officious.

It's definitely a delicate balance, I don't know what the answer is for sure. At what point do you say enough is enough and take the risk? Glad I'm not making the decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is, there comes a point at which the measures taken have such an impact on normal law abiding people that the terrorists will have achieved their aims anyway! This is what I see as the real danger.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've said it before, the security at the Statue of Liberty is hard core and involves no touching of people. I think the airport security has always been ludicrous and seriously just for show.

Sure I want to be safe but I think this is going over the top. I truly do not think many of the TSA agents are educated on how to deal with people with disabilities and anyone who needs any additional help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 238850
    The thing is, there comes a point at which the measures taken have such an impact on normal law abiding people that the terrorists will have achieved their aims anyway! This is what I see as the real danger.
    AMEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Devils advocate.....imagine you cancel a particular screening and a week later a plane is blown up, what are the public going to say then?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to put all the TSA workers into a category. But sheesh, they can be some very unhappy people. I remember a few years ago I was flying out of Indy was completely yelled at for not taking off my coat right away. To be honest, I didn't know I needed to. They kept yelling at me, "take off your coat." Over and over.

It's not that I want to take crazy risks, but really? Come on. It's so exhausting: let's turn everything on, take off our shoes, possibly go through body scans, pat downs...is there anything else?

I hope to have internship interviews in January, and well frankly, I'm looking to travel my train as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    As Ihave said before, if a terrorist is hell bent on destruction, nothing is going to stop them. They will find a way. Now, Im not saying we don't have any security but the things that are in place now are over the top. How is my full size bottle of shampoo a threat? How is a bottle of water not ok? Nail clippers? Really.....hey you, hold still so I can hurt you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, a nail cut too short hurts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast