Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: when do you put your christmas tree up?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe how early people put their decorations up! Wow! Ours will go up when the children finish school for Christmas. That'll be the 17th Dec. My favourite ornament changes every year! We have a star on the top of our tree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 238955

My favourite ornament is an odd one - when we were kids for some reason my favourite was a very old-fashioned red glass pine cone with frost glitter on it. About 10 years I found one that was exactly the same and bought it - it reminds me of Christmasses as a little child :)
    I absolutely love the old fashioned glass ornaments that were glittered and shiny - especially the ones that have that sort of "indent" on the side that is usually a different color. And the lights reflect so beautifully when it touches those parts. I know I didn't describe that too well... We have some of the frosted pine cone ornaments that I put on the tree every year!

When I was a kid, Mom had these ornaments - they weren't really tear-drop shaped. They were more "icicle" shaped, maybe... Anyway, they were clear glass. Inside was a sprig of silver tinsel - almost like a small branch off one of those aluminum trees - and half way down, in the widest part of the ornament (they were narrow at the top, widened slightly, then narrowed again at the bottom), was a Santa head or a snowman head attached to the sprig of tinsel. I would give anything to find some of those ornaments again. They all managed to get broken over the years. And I've never seen them anywhere. I've looked at hundreds of pictures on ebay trying to find some.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have put mine up on the 6th of Dec every year since 1973- it's my Brothers birthday :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    lol side note it will go up early this year as I will be in WDW on the 6th this time :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ours goes up earlier now that Niamh is here but before Niamh it was about the 7th of December onwards
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    1st December in this house. :D

I have a paper angel that Steven made in his Reception year that goes on the tree every year now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bah humbug :( I can't believe how early you all put your decs up for me it's 12 days before and down day after new years day :)

Post Thanks / Like
    we didnt put ours up until a week before last year duh!! whats the point of buying a new one for!!!!

going to put it up sooner rather than later this year
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooohhh not sure yet if it going to be this weekend or next weekend ooohhh depends if we can buy Christmas tree tomorrow due to snow.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 239046
    Ooohhh not sure yet if it going to be this weekend or next weekend ooohhh depends if we can buy Christmas tree tomorrow due to snow.......

Same Jeff...we had decided it would be too blizzardy to go for our trees this weekend, but the forecast is now a bit ambiguous, so it could all be done tomorrow if things go well :D There are mince pies at the ready as we can't possible do decorations without some festive additions

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast