Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: when do you put your christmas tree up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 239064
    Same Jeff...we had decided it would be too blizzardy to go for our trees this weekend, but the forecast is now a bit ambiguous, so it could all be done tomorrow if things go well :D There are mince pies at the ready as we can't possible do decorations without some festive additions
    Not sure if real tree will last right up until Jan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 238958
    I absolutely love the old fashioned glass ornaments that were glittered and shiny - especially the ones that have that sort of "indent" on the side that is usually a different color. And the lights reflect so beautifully when it touches those parts. I know I didn't describe that too well...
    I know exactly the ones you mean Donna . They looked crinkled in the dent . I remember hot pink, royal blue, purple and green colored ones . Glass,shaped like an oval tear drop with frosted snow & glitter . I still have six angels that my grandmother put on her tree . They have little celluloid faces . So Sweet ! And I still have some of my old shiny brite balls .
    I decorated the top of my kitchen cabinets with my Disney Plush Animals, but thats as far as I got . Working on some more this weekend . I do alittle at a time .
    My tree will go up around the 10th to 14th of December . Jim wants a real one this year .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 239068
    Not sure if real tree will last right up until Jan?
    Ours did last year Jeff, we just made sure it was in a holder where we could put water in, and kept it topped up all the time. The one we put outdoors didn't even look like it had been taken from the ground in January and we left it up for the chickens to play under! :D

Our local place cuts them freshly every few days which helps as they don't have time to deteriorate first by lying around without water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 239095
    Ours did last year Jeff, we just made sure it was in a holder where we could put water in, and kept it topped up all the time. The one we put outdoors didn't even look like it had been taken from the ground in January and we left it up for the chickens to play under! :D

Our local place cuts them freshly every few days which helps as they don't have time to deteriorate first by lying around without water.
    Thanks! Won't be putting up the Christmas decorations this weekend as we are more or less snowed under.

Will do it next weekend, need to find suitable tree. Not sure if should buy from B&Q or local farm shop ho hum..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 239097
    Thanks! Won't be putting up the Christmas decorations this weekend as we are more or less snowed under.

Will do it next weekend, need to find suitable tree. Not sure if should buy from B&Q or local farm shop ho hum..........
    We aren't going out for ours this weekend now either....we have had a ton of snow and even with a 4 wheel drive we're not sure it's a good idea! Might start putting the others decorations up though

Post Thanks / Like
    As a child in my parents home, our tree went up on Christmas Eve, but my Mother kept it up until the Feast of the Epiphany. It was always a fresh cut tree.

Our tree is an artificial tree. We tried a fresh cut here in Florida and it didn't do well at all. We don't have a specific time to put it up, but try to get it up before the week before Christmas. Once in a while we get it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but won't be doing that this weekend.

With the boy here we'll make it very festive and party like... treats and hot cocoa (even though it mostly likely won't be cold).

Favorite decoration? Too hard to pick. We really do love all of our decorations, but tend to gravitate to those that are most whimsical. We have a fairy (male of course ;) ) for the top of our tree. Added him to the mix last year. We didn't want anything conventional.

We have Disney ornaments, as well as a wide variety of other ornaments and decorations. We don't use garland or tinsel, but Herself covers the tree in enough lights so that you can see our house for at least ten miles at midnight.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We are now hopeful that we would be able to buy a Christmas tree tomorrow!

Finger cross.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, We moved 6 days ago and our decorations are up and we may put up the tree tonight. We had our first real snow last night! i wante to get everything done that I could because I have chemo Friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    any nice christmassy photos??????
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sister Tink on the lights .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast