Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: when do you put your christmas tree up?

Post Thanks / Like
    When do you put your decorations and christmas trees up? I really want to already but everyone says its too early :(

Do you have a favourite ornament and what is it?

Mines an angel I got from a place in downtown disney I dont evenknow if its still there

Post Thanks / Like
    Ours may go up this weekend. Depends on whether I feel like dragging it out, as it is artificial.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I decorated 2 weeks ago I believe. I want to enjoy mine as long as possible. That being said, they are usually down the day after Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    We normally put ours up the 2nd weekend in December, so it will be the 11th this year.

Our annual tree decorating tradition with our friends and their girls will probably be next Wednesday if the girls can last that long

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyangel, post: 238900
    Do you have a favourite ornament and what is it?
    I have several... One is a sled my youngest son made for me when he was quite young. Every year he complains that I put it on the tree. But when I take it out and look at it, it reminds me of the cute little guy he once was. And now I see that same cute little guy in Nathanael. One day maybe he'll make an ornament to go on our tree!

I also have a tiny manger scene that I got in Germany that is a favorite. Oh, and a cable car from San Francisco.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    We finished decoration the inside on the 14th and we finished the outside lights last weekend. Nothing gets turned on though until Thanksgiving night.

Presents are all wrapped and either under the tree or ready to be shipped. Shopping is done!

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tree goes up on the 1st Dec but I think I may get away with putting it up this Sunday.

Shall we all post some photo's of our Christmassy Rooms? I's like to see everyone else's

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm doing mine on Saturday - it is usually the first weekend in December but as that is nearly a week into December this year and I can't wait that long it will have to be this weekend! The outside lights will wait until the following weekend though!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going for the second weekend in dec this year as I've got lots going on the next couple of weekends. I don't have a fave ornament, all of them have meaning to me

Post Thanks / Like
    It's usually the first weekend in December, but like Lisaw I couldn't wait that long this year! :D And I love the way the house looks when the Christmas stuff is up so I want to make the most of it. So it was going to be this weekend, but as the weather forecast is for blizzards here on Saturday we think it may be safer to delay going to buy our Christmas trees (we get real ones from a local farm but it's down some very gairy country roads that might be a bit difficult to get down in snow ).
    So we have now decided we will take the day off on Wednesday the 1st to get our trees, and will decorate the house this weekend with the garlands and other decorations

Donna - I have a cable car tree ornament from San Fransisco too!

My favourite ornament is an odd one - when we were kids for some reason my favourite was a very old-fashioned red glass pine cone with frost glitter on it. About 10 years I found one that was exactly the same and bought it - it reminds me of Christmasses as a little child

Sandra, yes, we definitely should be posting photos!! :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast