Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice places to stay in Scotland and Wales

Post Thanks / Like
    we're trying to decide on a holiday around the UK anyone know any nice places in Wales and Scotland?

In wales we havent thought were we'd like, in scotland it would have to be some old house with a huge fire at the edge of a loch

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved Wales , stayed at a resort there, surrounded by sheep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammiepo, post: 18388
    I loved Wales , stayed at a resort there, surrounded by sheep.
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!:p

Don't know about Scotland ( Never been) , but I live in Wales.... My favourite place is the isle of Angelsey and the Snowdonia area... So gorgeous up that way. My uncle owns a caravan (trailor) in Snowdonia National park.. We went last year for a week, it's so gorgeous.

Some piccs to bore you with..

Angelsey...

Conwy and Conwy castle..

And here is the most tranquil place I've ever been too. Sat by that river, with no care in the world. No sounds.. Until we were about to leave and a rescue helicopter was rescuing someone.. or a drill?

Sorry to bore you. :p

As those who may know me from elsewhere.. know I'm very proud to be Welsh and proud of Wales........

Post Thanks / Like
    wheres the pub?

Those pics are beautiful!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful photos Steve. Didn't realize that you were Welsh! You and our Ieuan!

So, there are at least two to recommend Welsh places to stay, and I know there are several of our members fromScotland, so there should be some good recommendations forthcoming from them soon! ;yes:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    hiya i live up in the highlands and you can rent log cabins for holidays on the edges of loch ness - see if you can spot nessie tho she is a wee bit shy...

Post Thanks / Like
    we stayed at Loch Lomond for a couple of nights back in October - it was breathtaking....we stayed at a hotel though so can't help out on accommodation

Post Thanks / Like
    bored, no way. What a wonderful trip down memory lane. We stayed at Macdonald Plas Talgarth Resort ,in Pennal, Powys
    the resort overlooked the River Dyfi in Snowdonia national Park, it had an 18thcentury , Georgian Manor house on site. We took side trips to Conwy Castle and some of the surrounding towns. Wonderful, Steve you have reason to be proud, the best I can say is , you live in Maine, only its across that big pond of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Snowdonia is beautiful.

Port Merion is pretty.

Brecon is also pretty you could visit local market towns and travel on the mountain railway.

West Wales has some lovely beaches around the Tenby area and there's a lovely little island to visit called Caldy island inhabited by monks. Locally there's Oakwood Park.

The capital city Cardiff has lots to see and do including free entrance to the national museum or a speed boat trip around the bay also home to the only 5* hotel in Wales. Take a train ride up the valley and visit The Big Pit museum.

Tour the castles there's lots of them from Caerphilly (home to the Big Cheese festival this time of year with shows and medieval reinactments) to Conwy and a really pretty one called Castel Coch (the red castle) which looks like Cinderellas Castle.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Lodges at Loch Lomond are beautiful, right at the edge of the water (DD is staying there in a few weeks for the weekend will ask her to get some info for you ) oh and there`s a shopping outlet nearby sells lots of Scottish fare and gifts
    Jacqui xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast