Thread: The walk to work

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's about time to leave for work. Normally I'd take the car but the snow is just too deep for me to drive in comfortably.
    It's pitch black outside, it's -4, snowing AND thunder and lightning. Oh joy
    If it was mostly a housed area then it wouldn't be as bad but I have to go over a man made hill and past the fields - better wrap up eh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Issy, walk safely!!! I bet they'll be glad to have someone to be able to actually get in! Loads of our staff have called in already saying they can't make it.

Garry is still driving to work 100 mins after setting off to Gateshead - normally it takes 40 mins - and he says the thunder and lightning is scary!

I am so glad I don't have to go anywhere today!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm home
    Was 40 minutes into my journey when my phone rang - school is closed today.

Deb, the thunder and lightning was so weird Hope you DH has finished his journey by now.

Right, an unexpected but well appreciated day off work today - what will I get up to What makes it even better is that it leaves only 4 more days at this job :D

I think I'll go over my WDW plans to check everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good!! :D Disney planning....woohoo I'm doing that too, but I have a bit longer to go :D

DH got to work after over 2 hours! I have just texted him to say the snow is getting heavier here and to try to get home very early....at least he has a truck so it's ok in the snow

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my gosh you two! glad you're back safely Issy....hope Garry gets home safely too Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, a thunder and lightening snow storm. Don't think I have ever seen one of those. How far is your walk Diane?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 239224
    oh my gosh you two! glad you're back safely Issy.
    Thank you - safe, sound and snug right now

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 239234
    How far is your walk Diane?
    It takes about 45 minutes by foot but only 10 by car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 239241
    It takes about 45 minutes by foot but only 10 by car.
    Wow! I would not have even attempted a 45 walk in that kind of conditions!! Kudos to you Diane! (and enjoy the day off!)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to walk to local station to get a train to work as didn't fancy driving. Walk was lovely as everything was fresh and cold however.......

Coming home is a different story.... I slipped whilst carrying a shopping bag. I was trying to get my balance and starting to swing my shopping bag in the middle of housing estate (a free style performance for the residents) resulting a heavy glass jar slamming into my elbow :-( sigh bit sore at the moment.

At least the residents had a nice mini free style performance on a patch of ice. Can't ask for more than that eh?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done for staying on your feet though Jeff

I am about to leave again for a 7.30am start today - we don't know if the school is open or not. We're the first ones in and we will just have to go in as though it is a regular work day and see what happens.