Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 18875
    mick regrets nothing ;)

Awwwww

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a very wide range of taste in music . Love Motown and Madonna, The Prodigy. Hip - hop and Guns and Roses and Techno. If i like it ,i like it. Really it's multiple personalities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    So I am coming to the conclusion that you all like music from the states like I like music from over there?

WTH?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 18971
    So I am coming to the conclusion that you all like music from the states like I like music from over there?

WTH?
    ilove the old motown stuff, and when im in the mood i love to listen to soul ballads or any love type songs, now that scares me

only wish you had our tv too, now that is the worst thing i dislike about the states
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    its all good ( well not all obviously) but I figure just listening to one genre of music is like only reading books by one author or only looking at one tiny piece of a painting.

I really love listening to stuff live though and went to sooo many concerts(probably more than 100) when I was younger mostly metal some goth some pop some classical - even Chuck Berry in his last tourof the UK and I guess looking down the list probably about 1/2 are US bands I think its one area where we more than punch our weight on the international stage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always felt that the UK leads the way in music, especially modern. You can go to a pub, listen to a local band and they are doing their music. Here, you go out and listen to a local band and people request only things they know. Bands are judged by how well they play familiar music. Not quite the same atmosphere.

It's telling when talents like Jimmy Hendrix made it in the UK before he did here.

I love a true mix. Without variety, where would we be in this world? Diversity is what adds interests, causes growth, empowers, fosters acceptance of others. When someone is too insular, I believe their soul becomes stunted. And heaven knows where that leads!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 19086
    I've always felt that the UK leads the way in music, especially modern. You can go to a pub, listen to a local band and they are doing their music. Here, you go out and listen to a local band and people request only things they know. Bands are judged by how well they play familiar music. Not quite the same atmosphere.

It's telling when talents like Jimmy Hendrix made it in the UK before he did here.

I love a true mix. Without variety, where would we be in this world? Diversity is what adds interests, causes growth, empowers, fosters acceptance of others. When someone is too insular, I believe their soul becomes stunted. And heaven knows where that leads!
    when i was younger tink i used to go to a pub where i lived in london that had a band and the music was superb, they could of made it i thought, but its just getting noticed and a bit of luck too, and they certainly sounded better live than some of the crud out now thats studio work
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a group a few years back that played a summer music program at EPCOT. Music from Around the World or something like that.

They were from Australia, although they'd spent the last ten years in LA. They were incredible! The best new sound I've heard in years!!! Bought both of their CDs they had at the park. Brother was their name.

I can't believe that they haven't made the "big time." :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally listen to stuff like PATD, Foos, Rage against the Machine, Slipknot...

Also like a bit of Mark Ronson, and have recently started listening to Cage the Elephant, Fuel, and Bloc Party.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast