Thread: Vegetarian Food

Post Thanks / Like
    Do all Disney Restaurants have a vegetarian option? It's my first time going as a vegetarian and I have to say I'm a bit worried as I don't remember them last time

Also, does Walmart or Publix have a wide variety of veggie foods? I don't mind not having a meat substitute but I'd quite like to be able to easily get some tofu and quorn (but I'm guessing that might be harder to find than tofu)

Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I beleive they do have vegetarian options at all the restaurants. I know that if you go to a sit down restaurant, the chef will come talk to you and make something if they don't have any options.

I found this book on Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh,

I know that most, if not all of the TS restaurants have a vegetarian (although possibly not vegan) entree on their menu. Some even have vegetarian menus. As Johnie says though, I haven't yet met a chef at WDW who won't work with you. Just as an example Donna and I have been to V&A (I know what your are going to say here) and almost every time she has been able to combine vegetarian options with non-vegetarian options if she so desires because she doesn't necessarily care for the main menu. At some of the other restaurants she hasn't really cared for anything on the main menu and might not be enthralled with the vegetarian option on their either (for example she doesn't do squash of any sort). They have always made sure that she didn't leave hungry.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 240028
    I beleive they do have vegetarian options at all the restaurants. I know that if you go to a sit down restaurant, the chef will come talk to you and make something if they don't have any options.

I found this book on Amazon.
    I will probably be eating more quick-service when I eat in the parks but probably will do a few sit down meals too It's reassuring to know if we go to a sit down place that I'll be able to get some good vegetarian food
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 240031
    Josh,

I know that most, if not all of the TS restaurants have a vegetarian (although possibly not vegan) entree on their menu. Some even have vegetarian menus. As Johnie says though, I haven't yet met a chef at WDW who won't work with you. Just as an example Donna and I have been to V&A (I know what your are going to say here) and almost every time she has been able to combine vegetarian options with non-vegetarian options if she so desires because she doesn't necessarily care for the main menu. At some of the other restaurants she hasn't really cared for anything on the main menu and might not be enthralled with the vegetarian option on their either (for example she doesn't do squash of any sort). They have always made sure that she didn't leave hungry.
    Thank you I think that sounds really good They have a lot more flexibility than I thought they would do, seems more flexible than some of the restaurants I've visited here in England. How do you find eating vegetarian in other areas of Orlando such as I-Drive? Do American restaurants generally carry a vegetarian option?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm a veggie and I survived full two weeks on veggie options and they are quite flexible and brilliant!