Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a WDS member in our villa

Post Thanks / Like
    I love having you guys around and to be honest I never remember that you are 'advertisers' as such because you are both such great members, with other forums you can usually see the advertisers and those who are just there to advertise This, combined with the growing interest in the sites/forum will surely lead to more bookings in the future

I love the idea of having a 'villas section' on the site. Perhaps each month we could have an article from a villa owner or someone with experience in villas, 'top ten things about villas', things like that which would come up potentially high on google, as well as profile pages of villas with endorsements from their customers/guests? Sorry just thinking 'aloud'!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    As I first mentioned, I have a member in our villa and have had report from our Management Company that the guest complained the pool was cold and they can't use it. MC has had pool guy out but nothing wrong it's just as it has been very cold this Xmas compared to many years previous the pool heater can't heat the pool to a reasonable temp. On other owners forums this it top topic and there is nothing anyone can do about it other than unfortunately turn off the heat and like I will, offer refund of unused pool heat days. Have sent rester aunt voucher to a rester aunt that they have been frequenting plus some other goodies even though this is totally beyond Anyones control. They also by sounds of it wrote security info down and made an error as they complained they had wrong codes but gate code can't be changed as set for each villa the other code was set and checked as always by MC.

Hope that they will give a review despite these issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no Malcolm. I let our Christmas guests know in advance that if the ambient air temperature falls below 50 the pool heater won't switch on, it's a safety mechanism. All electric pool heaters work in the same way so yours willbe no different to any other and it's out of your control ( unless you know how to control the weather )

I also stress that they must use the pool cover for when they are not using the pool, to retain the heat as well.

It's very good of you to send restaurant vouchers

I'm sure you'll get a lovely review Malcolm.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure it'll work out Malcolm, you couldn't do anything more and the vouchers idea is absolutely great of you

I was at planet hollywood a couple of weeks ago and heard two tables discussing this very problem. They, and I admit I, were suprised that this was the case! I just thought the pool heaters would keep working until the pool was nicely hot and the steam would rise Never having had a villa out there I just had no idea

Anyway whilst we were there their village management company must have called them and I could hear a quite irritated conversation.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    sandra. it seems to me that most people here stay onsite. ive only noticed a few that only a few stay in villas and it really depends on pricing tbh. but seeing as we are getting more people sign up, and hopefully getting them to stay and post, will bear some fruit to villa owners on this site
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12