Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a WDS member in our villa

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a forum member just gone in our villa for 3 weeks, she has been an absolute pleasure to deal with and hope she and hers guests have a great time inspite of the cold snap out there....

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear Malcom

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that's great Malcolm.

Out of curiosity, do you get many enquiries from WDS, as I get zilch

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest Sandra ...No......I have had two bookings from members on here. but to be honest i do enjoy giving any help and guidance to members with questions about villas and i do believe this is how i came about the current guests booking rather than a direct result of advertising on this great forum. Those owners on forums that just advertise and not take an active roll such as you do..and its a credit to your hard work its no wonder they dont get many bookings..this site is growing well and can only be an atribute to the input of members that i am sure will help us owners get more interest in our villas and generate bookings...on the others site you know the one i mean i did not get a booking for 2 years....

Post Thanks / Like
    pleased to hear you got a booking malcolm

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, also great to know a member is benefiting from your great villas and knowing they're booking with someone they "know".

On the advertising front, I think Malc's right, the real power is in the continuing to post as you both do, so people get to know you. I don't feel that the regular membership are in the main villa "shopping" as such. The ones who do stay in a villa already know the one they've stayed in before, know the owner already and so on.

However, as more people come online I think that'll change and I'm certain it'll be the owners who post who get first shot at the business.

Should say, although I know you all know this stuff , that having a link to your website from a quality page which isnt full of links, helps your search optimisation. That's a very real benefit which will drive people to your website and help you appear higher in the listings.

I can't wait till you get a member staying at your Villa though Sandra. At the rate we're going it may well end up being me As disney prices go up, restaurant quality goes down, we're spending more and more time offsite and a relaxing villa for at least part of the holiday is looking better and better.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 240467
    To be honest Sandra ...No......I have had two bookings from members on here. but to be honest i do enjoy giving any help and guidance to members with questions about villas and i do believe this is how i came about the current guests booking rather than a direct result of advertising on this great forum. Those owners on forums that just advertise and not take an active roll such as you do..and its a credit to your hard work its no wonder they dont get many bookings..this site is growing well and can only be an atribute to the input of members that i am sure will help us owners get more interest in our villas and generate bookings...on the others site you know the one i mean i did not get a booking for 2 years....
    I do try to help and I do log on often during the day so hopefully people who just browse and don't often post will become familiar with us owners.

I did have an enquiry form WDS back end of 2009 and the man went and had a look at the villa while he was in Florida last December ( he had already booked his hotel) and he loved the villa and has booked 4 weeks for 2012... he's been very loyal and is an absolute pleasure to deal with although I don't think he has ever posted on the forum

Sandra

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 240471
    I do try to help and I do log on often during the day so hopefully people who just browse and don't often post will become familiar with us owners.
    yep it's great having you around and I'm positive it'll help

The other thing we really really need to do is get a villa presence on the main website which catches a totally different audience from the forums. That may well increase the enquiries from browsers although whether it'll lead to as high quality leads as the forums I don't know! My feeling is, like the guy you got the end of 09, if they come from the forums you've probably already got the "sale".

Anyway, I'll look into the main website and see what we can do quickly
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney have now set up with a Management Company that only has 200 villas to sell the villa aspect to potential clients but a basic 3 bed villa with no particular thrills is advertised for 455 per week and they are offering 3 classes of villa ...so by time Disney and the rest have taken there cut it wont offer much to the owners nor will the guest find that they have got value for mioney when they open the door...just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 240473
    yep it's great having you around and I'm positive it'll help

The other thing we really really need to do is get a villa presence on the main website which catches a totally different audience from the forums. That may well increase the enquiries from browsers although whether it'll lead to as high quality leads as the forums I don't know! My feeling is, like the guy you got the end of 09, if they come from the forums you've probably already got the "sale".

Anyway, I'll look into the main website and see what we can do quickly
    I know you do all you can Keith and I really appreciate this forum, as I've said in the past, it's a really friendly place to be and not all forums are, they can get quite cliquey.

A villa prescene on the main website is a great idea, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

To be fair, I have lots of bookings for next year already and it was just a question out of curiosity that led to me asking Malcom about his enquiries.

To be completey fair to WDS some sites work for some owners and some don't get anything -it's a difficult one to gauge. I advertise on a really well known site and get the majority of my bookings from it but I know some owmers who never get a single one from it so who can say what people go for

I will contionue to be my 'normal' self here and who knows what the future will bring

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast