Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Typical day at DLP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 240822
    Im finding this all very interesting, we've often talked about going to DLP but just never done it because of the cost but it could be worth looking into!
    same for me!

I remember thinking as we ran around Disney Village back to the coach, feeling that special Disney feel but wishing we'd been able to spend longer to get to know the parks.

I just know I have to remember it's not wdw and enjoy it for itself. That'll be the hard part for me I think. It would really help if I could find some great show or something that is only at DLP which I could look forward to every time
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great thread Keith.
    I`m in exactly the same situation as you although in fact I`ve never been to DLP at all.
    I`m interested in reading the responses you get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love, love, love DLP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since The Legend of the Lion King show ended there aren't really any must do shows as such.

I think both parks are more about the rides and attractions rather than shows, although again this does depend on the time of the year. There are some great shows on at Christmas time for instance..

I have always found that you can wander around doing nothing a lot easier than at WDW, this is probably a combination of the temperature and also the fact that you can walk between the 2 parks so you find yourself coming and going to see the things you want to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on here so I just want to say a quick 'hi' before I reply to Keith's post!

With regards to DLP - I have been visiting the resort for well over a decade now and every single time I have a completely unique and magical trip! I usually spend between 4 to 6 days at the resort and have stayed in Disneyland Hotel, Newport Bay Club Hotel, Sequoia Lodge Hotel and Hotel Cheyenne.

I really recommend the Disneyland Hotel if budget permits ~ but a personal favourite is definately the Sequoia Lodge. It has a beautiful wilderness theme to it and it just makes the evenings that much relaxing after a long day in the park (especially cocktails in the Redwood Bar next to the cosy log fire!)

With regards to shows there is always something going on at DLP!! Definately make time to visit the Disney Studios to watch the Moteur, Action Stunt Show wich runs twice a day and is a live action show with cars, motorbikes, fire, explosions and heaps of fantastic stunts! One of the best shows I've seen!

Theme Park wise - Disneyland Paris is huge with lots of detail throughout the parks (moreso with Magic Kingdom than Disney Studios) and you will need a good couple of days to truely experience it all. Touching on a previous post - Le Chateau de la belle au bois dormant (Sleeping Beauty's Castle) is the most stunning of all the Disney Parks purely because of it's location in Europe. Disney knew that European's have all seen castles before and therefore they had to build something quite spectacular and unique in order to impress. What I love is that you are able to walk inside it, around the walls and upstairs in the castle - also down below and see the dragon in the cave (something the other Disney parks lack).

The rides are much newer and modern in DLP too - as mentioned previously Space Mountain : Mission 2 is much more thrilling than its American counterpart - it features 360degree turns, loop-the-loops, corkscrews and hairspin turns.

The DLP "Pirates of the Caribbean" Ride was the actual one that the movie was based on too due to its spectacular design and theming - in fact, it's American counterparts have redesigned their entrances and queues to try and be more like the one in DLP for that reason... you will notice that DLP has not added Captain Jack Sparrow into the attraction as they would like to keep it unique...

Phantom Manor is also a much more darker and interesting adaptation to its American sister "Haunted Mansion". Again, worth a good look!

There is so much to see and do at DLP and I am more than happy to help people with their holidays there as I really adore the entire resort. The hotels are beautifully themed and there is so much to see and do even once the park gates close of an evening with the bars, restaurants, nightclub and evening shows...

I have visited WDW and DLP - and I agree with people when they say you cannot compare the two, and it's true, you really can't. Think of them as two totally different holidays with different things to see and do... Just bare in mind, you are in Europe and not America - therefore people will be of a European Attitude (hustle and bustle... typical city behaviour) and not the usual all-American "have a great day" that you have come to love and expect from people in WDW... With that in mind, adapt yourself, enjoy yourself and remember - it's Disney!!
    A Little Bit Of Magic, Goes A Long Way

2011: DLP *onsite* St. Patrick's Week - Sequoia Lodge
    2010: DLP *onsite* Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
    2007: DLP *onsite* 15th Anniversary/Halloween - Disneyland Hotel
    2006: DLP *onsite* - Newport Bay Club
    2005: DLP *offsite* - Paris
    2000: WDW *offsite* - International Drive
    1999: DLP *onsite* - Newport Bay Club
    1999: DLP *offsite* - Paris
    1998: DLP *onsite* - Newport Bay Club
    1997: DLP *onsite* 5th Anniversary - Hotel Chyenne
    1996: DLP *onsite* - Hotel Cheyenne

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you dont mind me asking (those of you that have been) but if you are going to DLP how much do you think it all costs you? Travel, hotel and park tickets - id be reeeeally interested to know - thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 240836
    I hope you dont mind me asking (those of you that have been) but if you are going to DLP how much do you think it all costs you? Travel, hotel and park tickets - id be reeeeally interested to know - thank you!
    ooo great questions!!!

Rottie, thanks so much! I'll have a good read of everything you say and do some research!

I'm feeling quite excited reading this thread !

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris and I have been to DLP loads of times, pre and post kids. Always have an amazing time. We even did a day trip once totally crazy, just so Thomas could go on his favourite ride Pirates of the Caribbean when he was 2

The price is always hard to swallow when comparing it to an equivalent WDW holiday but a necessary evil if you need a quick fix without 2 weeks off work and 9 hours on a plane.

We have gradually worked our way up from hotel Santa fe , sequoia, Newport bay and the Disneyland hotel. The latter is stunning, truly magical, especially if you splash out even more on castle club which gives you your own check in desk upstairs, a lift directly to the gates (with a cool magic card to activate the lift), rooms with views down main street and ...............the golden fastpass

We are going back in February and trying out the hotel new York as it also offers state rooms with the same fast pass but costing a few hundred less:
    Will let you now how it compares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazycatlady, post: 240838
    The price is always hard to swallow when comparing it to an equivalent WDW holiday but a necessary evil if you need a quick fix without 2 weeks off work and 9 hours on a plane.
    really good points yep a short break would be much easier to manage sometimes

We are going back in February and trying out the hotel new York as it also offers state rooms with the same fast pass but costing a few hundred less:
    Will let you now how it compares.
    ooo yes please! are there nice restaurants in the hotels like WDW?

Post Thanks / Like
    The castle at DLP has always been our best especially the dragon

Space mountain is awesome, and POTC and BTM are definitely better.

The outside and inside of IASW are also better.

Downsides as already mentioned are French manners, smoking, queue jumpers (particularly around characters), smelly toilets and the weather:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast