Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats everyone doing for christmas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas Eve is usually reserved for just John and me. We usually have a nice meal, some tasty wine, then John rushes - and complains - as he starts wrapping my gifts!!! LOL
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 240909
    We're home with the boys on Christmas Day, lots of food and champagne ( mainly for me )

Boxing Day we are travelling to my brother's house in Southport and staying the night, then the next day, we are off to my best friend who is in Liverpool and the day after, visitng my mum, then aunt & uncle and hoping to get home sometime that evening ( weather and motorway dependant)

I really hope there's no more snow up there as I love seeing all my family at Christmas

Sandra
    Safe travels Hun!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This year is a very different Christmas for us, I'm not able to do as much but I'm very grateful to be here in our new house with my husband and son. We'll move my Mother and brother in on the 28th. We'll have our last meal in my childhood home on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day I'll have brunch and dinner at the house for Jenn and Steve and my Mother and brother. On the 30th we'll have all the children to dinner at a local eatery and come back to our house for dessert! All 24 of us!!!Please all have a safe and happy Holiday, Remember that family is the most important gift of all ( I will be reminding myself of that fact when all 8 kids are shrieking through the house )

Post Thanks / Like
    We have got daves son here this year but are going to daves parents for dinner on Christmas day. We are both working right up until 5 on Christmas eve but then we have 4 days off :) so it will be lots of walks in the forest with Lucy and just enjoying the time off :) boxing day daves son goes home so then I can relax :)

Happy Christmas everyone :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 240930
    Is Christmas Eve a traditional dinner in the states?

When we were over for Christmas one year, we felt not much was "special" for Christmas lunch/dinner and asked one of the servers who said they did special christmas dinner on Christmas eve. I could never quite decide if we were just being fobbed of or not
    For me it has changed over the years. Growing up my parents, sister and I would go out to dinner, then to church. After church the immediate family would come together at my parents house. Christmas Day was the extended family for dinner at my grandparents.

The DW and I in the past had continue the dinner out on Christmas Eve and that night would be for us. Christmas Day was seeing the family. Since we have moved to Florida Christmas Eve has become and evening with friends and neighbors and Christmas Day with family (when in town) or just the two of us.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 240939
    Christmas Eve is usually reserved for just John and me. We usually have a nice meal, some tasty wine, then John rushes - and complains - as he starts wrapping my gifts!!! LOL
    They are wrapped as of tonight, so I actually have Christmas Eve free. Think we are going to have a pasta with a red sauce, some nice wine and our crackers tomorrow night.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12