Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone doing for christmas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I havent been posting but we've had so much to do but I'm back now :D

So where are we all up to with christmas preparations and what are all our plans?

Ive just been to morrisons and I've been pushed and shoved until I'm black and blue all to get a load of food which is close to its sell by date and looks a bit manky anyway

we're having everyone over here on christmas day which apparently is a good thing but means its another work day for me no Im not that mean really but I do think people miss how much work it all is to get ready you know ?

Post Thanks / Like
    John and I will get up, open our stockings, have breakfast (I'm making a casserole that we both enjoy), and then open our gifts to each other.

Later that morning/early afternoon our youngest son, his lovely wife, and their two boys (I love the sound of that!) are coming over to open gifts. Later that day John will be preparing a standing rib roast, Yorkshire pudding, and all the fixings to feed the family. A friend (co-worker) and his girlfriend will be joining us for that meal.

Wine will flow freely, snacks and goodies will be consumed, and the laughter of a small child will fill the house as the adults converse pleasantly.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    lauren is staying over the weekend in her old room on a blow up bed as she took hers with her, mikey is home from uni :)

ive got my sister-in-law her two girls and partner over christmas day

my mum, sister and her youngest boxing day

got all the games down inc disney trivial pursuit :)

nothing planned for new years :(
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents is coming over then we will be seeing Tron 3D with subtitles on boxing day!

Not sure what we doing for New Year eve yet might go to friend for small house party or to sister in law...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to John and Donna's.

Actually we're headed to Devon on Christmas Eve for a few days of breadmaker shaped food at the inlaws.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 240896
    I'm going to John and Donna's.
    You know you are more than welcome any time!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    We're home with the boys on Christmas Day, lots of food and champagne ( mainly for me )
    Boxing Day we are travelling to my brother's house in Southport and staying the night, then the next day, we are off to my best friend who is in Liverpool and the day after, visitng my mum, then aunt & uncle and hoping to get home sometime that evening ( weather and motorway dependant)

I really hope there's no more snow up there as I love seeing all my family at Christmas

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    We are hosting Christmas Eve dinner with friends and neighbors. We are also hosting Christmas Day dinner. My Mom and her husband along with his Sister are coming over.

This week has been nonstop of baking cookies (I made a pretty good homemade frosting if I do say so myself ) and getting the house ready to host 12 people. Luckily I have Friday off of work.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 240910
    We are hosting Christmas Eve dinner with friends and neighbors. We are also hosting Christmas Day dinner. .
    Is Christmas Eve a traditional dinner in the states?

When we were over for Christmas one year, we felt not much was "special" for Christmas lunch/dinner and asked one of the servers who said they did special christmas dinner on Christmas eve. I could never quite decide if we were just being fobbed of or not
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 240930
    Is Christmas Eve a traditional dinner in the states?

When we were over for Christmas one year, we felt not much was "special" for Christmas lunch/dinner and asked one of the servers who said they did special christmas dinner on Christmas eve. I could never quite decide if we were just being fobbed of or not
    Each family is different but I think many of us celebrate both days, We used to host a large Christmas Eve gathering for extended family and christmas Day was for the immediate family, parents, kids ect. We had a special dinner for both but on Christmas Eve it was seved buffet style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast