Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crackers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 240989
    Well, now I'm getting excited about popping them! However, I think I'll let John have one of them since I have two!
    Don't forget that when you pull them, one person will get the "long" end and one the short and in theory the person with the longest bit of the cracker gets what's inside

Of course if you win twice, it's nice to share ;-)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol please don't expect too much Donna. It wouldn't be Xmas without. A cracker, you have to wear the paper hat whilst eating sprouts , it's the law over here :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 240992
    The World has gone crazy over here, thanks to the wonderful Health and safety laws.
    Apparently you now have to be a certain age [over 16?] in order to purchase Christmas crackers as they are deemed to contain high explosive!
    In work we have little pop-ups on the till when you scan crackers to tell you it's only for 16+ people.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 240993
    Don't forget that when you pull them, one person will get the "long" end and one the short and in theory the person with the longest bit of the cracker gets what's inside

Of course if you win twice, it's nice to share ;-)
    Oh, I didn't know this! I just figured everyone got one and pulled from both sides at once!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 240998
    Lol please don't expect too much Donna. It wouldn't be Xmas without. A cracker, you have to wear the paper hat whilst eating sprouts , it's the law over here :)
    Sprouts??? What sort of sprouts?
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas dinner consists of roast turkey, bread sauce and a million different veg, prince of which see Brussels sprouts yum :)

Yep you pull you cracker with your neighbour and whoever gets the largest half wins the magnificent prize, the hat and gets to tell the hilarious joke :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 241001
    Oh, I didn't know this! I just figured everyone got one and pulled from both sides at once!
    They do! but it pulls apart with one "big" side and one "little" side :) you'll see
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 241003
    Christmas dinner consists of roast turkey, bread sauce and a million different veg, prince of which see Brussels sprouts yum :)

Yep you pull you cracker with your neighbour and whoever gets the largest half wins the magnificent prize, the hat and gets to tell the hilarious joke :)
    Ahhhhh... I didn't know if you meant bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, or what!!! I love Brussels sprouts!

Actually I thought a person would grab the cracker from both ends and pull. I didn't realize it involved two people pulling on the same cracker! See! I would have done it all wrong! LOL
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh it's a very sociable tradition :)

Post Thanks / Like
    and the fun also is to find the prize that normally just fly off once the cracker pulled!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast