Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dr who christmas special

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't finished it yet... Maybe I'm not enjoying it as much because I don't care for the newest Doctor...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 241352
    Haven't finished it yet... Maybe I'm not enjoying it as much because I don't care for the newest Doctor...
    I just can't decide :(

As the new doctor he had such HUGE shoes to fill, I doubted they could choose anyone who I'd like. I ended up thinking all they could do would be to choose someone with immense screen presence, true gravitas and yet they went a completely different way with a relative unknown and a quirky guy.

When I first saw him as Doctor who I thought wow ok yep, impressive! All of a sudden I could see him in the role and thought how clever they were for taking on someone so very different. Comparisons almost can't be made because of the difference.

As time goes on, he's losing me :( I'm just not feeling it. Ach. Very hard.

I'm going to re-watch the christmas one and try and give it/him another shot.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    He hasn't shown his true "Doctor" side. Add to that the fact that he is rather odd looking... The last Doctor wasn't handsome by any means, but he had a charisma that sort of "drew" you to him (especially when you saw him with Rose, Martha, Donna, or even Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood). This new guy is just odd... Maybe he'll grow on me. I like Amy...
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it - but then the whole going back and re-writing history was a bit out of the established protocol that he can't/shouldn't change things.

But then maybe that's like the Star Trek Prime Directive - more honoured in the breach than the observance...

Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually love the new Doctor. I think his quirkiness is more like some of the earlier ones. I think it is the storylines I don't like sometimes, perhaps it is Stephen Moffat's writing that is the problem for me? I do like a little bit of tension in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished watching the Christmas special. NOT impressed. The ending was the best part, I think.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it. It was lovely and rather understated, but had all the "Who" elements.
    SLO Disney Fan!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was just more subtle than most, he wasn't a twisted individual through greed and an unloving father, but thanks to the Drs influence he became that way through lost love and the dilema of one last day with the one you love. The only redemption came when he saw as a child the man he was to become.

I think thats a pretty impressive storyline to try and tackle in a kids sci fi Christmas special that usually concentrates on running down corridors away from or towards bubble wrap.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like Matt Smith as a Dr... it hard to put my finger on it...... I'll get back to you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12