Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Puppy not well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how you get on with the vets

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for not updating you guys about Bella.
    She had her jabs on the 5th but is due some more on the 25th due to the vet being worried she had her first lot to early (7 weeks)
    She has been given some ear drops as she has ear mites, which I thought she might have. I told him about her tummy prblem but he wasn't worried just said keep an eye on her and he will check her again in 3weeks.

Well the ear drops have worked and her ears are nice and clean now, but the tummy trouble hasn't gone, so yesterday I took her back to the vets for a check up, he said she is well in herself but think she may have a sensitive tummy so he has given her a special diet for a few days and then we can try normal food but we will need to buy a very plain food for her.
    I have been looking online and found a few places that sell puppy food for sensitive tummys, so fingers crossed she will be ok once we get her food under control.

Oh and she is now teething so that isn't going to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear she is mostly doing good Lozzy :)

My Basil (who is now 21 months) also had a very sensitive tummy when he was little, and was quite poorly with it. We had to try a few types of food before finding something that worked. He eventually settled on James Wellbeloved Lamb & Rice - even nowadays if we change it to a different flavour his tummy is affected, though he is a lot better and get eat a wider variety of foodstuff. You can get this and some others at Pets at Home if you have one close by. We also found that feeding him smaller meals more often during the day helped too so his tummy wasn't having to digest too much at one time. Oh, and we learned the hard way that feeding normal treats can undo the hard work!

Oh....teething Lock all of your furniture away, lol!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear your puppy has improved with time, lets hope Bella does the same.
    I have been looking that that food for her so I might give it a try.
    Oh and yes I found out this morning that maybe her treats need to change, she was fine this morning and then when I got home she wasn't and I had given her a treat like I do every morning when I have to leave her to take the kids to school.
    I'll have to find something more natural to give her as we use treats bit to train her.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are able to find the right food and treats.

Arthur was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Disorder (IBD) and now has to eat special food and treats. His food is venison and potato.

Good to hear that ears are good as gold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear she is still having trouble, hopefully it gets sorted for you as having a poorly puppy is no fun
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Barney recently had dodgy tum so did the rice and chicken also scrambled egg is a good help if pup should have the runs

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Bella is doing much better now, no more tummy problems.
    we are now at the point where we are going to slowly change from the food the vet gave her onto a normal food but one that will be ok for her tummy, we have taken her of the wet food and she just has dry, she loves her food alot and get really excited at meals times.

Here is a up to date photo of her..

[ATTACH]7429.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Try something with a large amount of meat protein and little to no grains. Meat protein is what dogs are 'programmed' to eat and sometimes their stomachs don't cope with grains very well.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast