Thread: Just back from O'Hanas

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried this restaurant before and will definately be returning
    I was a little weary of giving this place a try as I have a very plain taste for food.
    We had coconut & pineapple bread as we arrived at the table - and were warned not to fill up on it!
    Then we got a large bowl of salad, noodles, brocolli, chicken drumsticks, and pork dumplings. the pork dumplings were ok, but one was enough. We also had three dipping sauces - peanut butter, sweet & sour and a spicey mustard. Everything else was totally delicious.
    Main course was pork steak, chicken, beef, and prawns served in huge chunks of skewers. I don't like prawns but DH said they were tasty. The other meats all had a coating on them but they were all lovely - not too spicey.
    I really enjoyed the first two courses.
    The dessert was a banana bread pudding - which I didn'y like. It was very bland but, by now I was so full that it really didn't matter - I had a couple of spoons of the icecream that came with it.

What I will say is only eat here if you are in no hurry. Our reservation was for 6pm and we watched Wishes throught the window with our main course! (8pm)
    Oh, and go hungry - very hungry!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI, if the spices are too much they can make you unseasoned meat. Also you can request the pineapple and caramel instead of the bread pudding

It's one of my favorite places.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmm can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    I booked this for April, haven't been in a few years. We've been going to Kona's instead! Sounds promising, Glad you enjoyed it !

Post Thanks / Like
    Not been in years either! perhaps this year

The first couple of times we went to Ohanas we were seated in the main bit and could see out of the windows, saw the games and so on. The next couple of times we had awful tables in the "entrance bit" before you get into the main part and it was a bit rubbish
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds yummy - like the sound of pineapple and caramel, mmmm!

Post Thanks / Like
    They haven't returned the potatoes to the menu then? :(
    Glad you enjoyed it! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]