Thread: Portobello

Post Thanks / Like
    We have an ADR at Poprtobello tonight - just wondering if we will be ok in our 'park clothes' or do we have to be smart?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 241989
    We have an ADR at Poprtobello tonight - just wondering if we will be ok in our 'park clothes' or do we have to be smart?
    I cant help but I'd love to know how it goes tonight! I've often fancied there
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 241991
    I cant help but I'd love to know how it goes tonight! I've often fancied there
    Well, I needn't have worried as some folk were in park clothes and a few were dressed for an evening out.

Keith - I'd give it 5/10 but, others may disagree. I won't be going back (even if they let me but then that's another story!!)

The tables were far too close to each other (more so than Le cellier) and we had to sit and listen to a young woman sitting at the next table moan about her trout pout!

The food was started off with bread and they bring you a whole garlic which has been roasted in the oven for 4 hours until soft. They pour oil over it and you can then spread the garlic like butter. DH thought it was quite nice.

I started off with the tomato and mozzarella - tasteless and oily! DH had the mushrooms.

I had the roasted chicken - comes with roated potatoes and onion. It was drizzled with oil which completely put me off.
    DH had a pasta dish which he said was quite tasty but he only ate half.

So, from what we chose from the menu, we found the food to be pretty bland with the overuse of oil.

We both had a soft drink - which was fine

The bill was $75 including tip

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah that hasn't really inspired me to try it

I do want to know why they wouldnt let you back though

Post Thanks / Like
    They must have modified this place since we were last there Diane. I didn't see this thread yesterday or I would have told you that park clothes were fine. When we were last there the tables were NOT closely packed. We have eaten there several times and have found the food (at least the Italian) to be absolutely scrumptious. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 242023
    yeah that hasn't really inspired me to try it

I do want to know why they wouldnt let you back though
    It really wasn't my fault
    As I said - the tables were very very close together which is why IT happened!
    I'm not the smallest of people but I'm not huge either. Anyway, when I came to get up and leave the table at the end of the meal, I must have been against the edge of the table trying to get through the gap (you actually had to turn sideways to get through the gaps) I dragged the tablecloth with me, taking down everything on top. I needn't have worried about the candle setting fire to the paper tablecloth though as the jug of iced water soon put that out as it toppled over the flame - gushing onto the floor where a waiter slipped and dropped his plates (thankfully empty plates)
    In saying this, a young boy on one side of us did a simialr thing when he got up too.

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 242030
    They must have modified this place since we were last there Diane. I didn't see this thread yesterday or I would have told you that park clothes were fine. When we were last there the tables were NOT closely packed. We have eaten there several times and have found the food (at least the Italian) to be absolutely scrumptious. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
    You'll have to let me know how you find it if/when you next visit John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 242077
    I dragged the tablecloth with me, taking down everything on top.

but argh yeah I don't think I'll be going there

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari
    I dragged the tablecloth with me, taking down everything on top.
    We had something similar happen at the California Grill. Donna went to stand up for something (I don't remember why), she caught the table cloth and spilled a glass of wine all over my khaki slacks, the table and the floor. I think in a lot of cases the tablecloths are too big.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate here last year. We didn't have an ADR, just walked up on the night. It was pleasant, and good to experience somewhere else, but we wouldn't go out of our way to eat there again. The roasted garlic with the bread was yummy, the food was fine, but not great for us, and I agree that we were seated too close to the next table - I remember having to edge into my seat sideways and being conscious of my bum potentially bumping into something One of those so/so places for us.

Diane - I did TRY not to laugh at what happened to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 242132
    Diane - I did TRY not to laugh at what happened to you
    that's ok - I was as red as a beetroot when it happenned but it was funny