Thread: Pixiedust for my Mom please

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I'd begin from this time last year with a picture of my mom .

I care for moms needs cleaning, doctor appointments, prescriptions,etc .

I have two brothers, but they have always been too busy . Oh,we all go out to eat on Mom's Day . You get the general idea !

My brother Jim has POA and her mail began going to him within this past year .

I began seeing mom go downhill mental wise . I called Jim and well as I said, he either didn't answer his cell with no return call or just laugh it off with tell the doctor to put her on psych drugs . Yeah, OK, your funny here, Really ! for venting

I told the doctor of her delusional problems , but he does not want her on something like Xanax or Valium, because she could fall . Makes sense to me !

He said, its normal of seniors living alone, her age .They hear one thing and decipher it to another .
    Well, I did not bother to call Jim any longer . She has had her good days and her bad .

I had her to the doctors in October and her urologist in November. I noticed she was slower than slow and me with her,,, well I change the story when she kicks in . And tell her we are going to have a good day .

Now here comes December, my phone rings and its my brother Jim . Hmmmm !
    He goes on to tell me that she stuffed plastic in her key hole and that other incidents had occurred . The supervisor called him and is very concerned .

Now he wants the DOCTORS number ? I won't tell you what I said,but I ripped him one and it felt good .

I told him I was going to see mom the following day with Kierstyn for Christmas . So, I'm sitting on her love seat and I said, Mom what is wrong with the side your face ? I got up and walked over and it's huge and hard, attached to outer lobe of her ear and down . She replied, oh its that bone fragment the dentist left in there .
    I knew it was not, but agreed & smiled, not too upset her .

Once I got home I called my other brother, Jack, as I knew he was going up the next day and asked him to take a look . I had already called the doctor and made an appt , January 4th, yesterday .
    Mom had cancer 9 years ago on the opposite side of her face and the doctor isn't real optimistic . As it appeared out of no where .

He said, he can't tell where it begins & where it ends . He ordered a Cat Scan of the area and the brain Friday .
    Jim took her for her bloodwork right after the appt .

Jack asked me for coffee and I knew where it was leading .

At least we agree on one thing . If it is what we think it is , no slicing her open . She'll be 86 Sunday . We will move her to the best Assisted Living Facility closer to me . And we will see that she is made comfortable and in no pain .

The other two pictures is Mom with Kierstyn .

You can see how frail she has got .

And the last one, look at the side of Mom's face, you can see the area .

Please send her pixiedust .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry that you have to go down this road, it's so very hard to see the ones that took care of us needing care. I hope her days are filled with love, peace and contentment. I wish for you the retelling and sharing of memories. God bless and care for you all. We're here when you need to vent. The people on this site are the kindest, most generous people that I've known. They have shared my pain and confusion the last 7 months and I know they'll share their thoughts and prayers with you.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear of your troubles ihad to deal with it with my own mother. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Debbi i don't know what to say....just know that i'm sending all my best wishes for you and your Mom

Post Thanks / Like
    Awe Hun I am so sorry to hear your mum is not doing to well. I think you are doing best having her go live in assisted living, it will take some of your worries away. Lots of hugs

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    for you and lots of for your Mom.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Tinker i just dont know what to say, how upsetting for you :(
    You are all in my thoughts, please come talk to us whenever you need to ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You All ! I'm going to need you . I didn't sleep for two days . Last night I took some PM's and just got up, 3:30 PM EST. Yikes,the day is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    will light a candle tonight...