Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you know/have you met anyone famous?

Post Thanks / Like
    do you know anyone famous or perhaps had a chance meeting?

humour me, I'm off sick with really bad flu and I need cheering up :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a chance meeting back in 1992 with Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Mario Lopez and Dustin Diamond of Saved By the Bell fame at Universal Studios in California. It wasn't your standard meet-n-greet. I was in a park bathroom and they came in and started using the urinals around me. I asked them how they were doing while washing my hands (I'm not one of those guys who like to stand there and talk while doing "that" ) and then left. I was then almost trampled to death by a hoard of teenage girls who were very disappointed when I came out and it was just me.

While living in Edina, Minnesota I would run into Kirby Puckett (HOF baseball player for the Minnesota Twins) a few times at our grocery store.

My wife had a background role in the movie My Best Friend's Wedding. She was at one of the tables in the Fish Restaurant scene when they start singing. She was supposed to be right behind Julia Roberts and Ruppert Everett but she couldn't guarantee them she would be able to be there all week because of her work schedule so she ended up at a far away table. We were able to see her on the big screen and also on the DVD edition of the movie if you use the zoom feature. Anyways, I went with her one day on set. It was very cool. Met Cameron Diaz, Ruppert Everett and Dermot Mulroney. Also saw Julie Roberts. Was not impressed with her in the least.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 242134
    I had a chance meeting back in 1992 with Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Mario Lopez and Dustin Diamond of Saved By the Bell fame at Universal Studios in California. It wasn't your standard meet-n-greet. I was in a park bathroom and they came in and started using the urinals around me. I asked them how they were doing while washing my hands (I'm not one of those guys who like to stand there and talk while doing "that" ) and then left. I was then almost trampled to death by a hoard of teenage girls who were very disappointed when I came out and it was just me.

While living in Edina, Minnesota I would run into Kirby Puckett (HOF baseball player for the Minnesota Twins) a few times at our grocery store.

My wife had a background role in the movie My Best Friend's Wedding. She was at one of the tables in the Fish Restaurant scene when they start singing. She was supposed to be right behind Julia Roberts and Ruppert Everett but she couldn't guarantee them she would be able to be there all week because of her work schedule so she ended up at a far away table. We were able to see her on the big screen and also on the DVD edition of the movie if you use the zoom feature. Anyways, I went with her one day on set. It was very cool. Met Cameron Diaz, Ruppert Everett and Dermot Mulroney. Also saw Julie Roberts. Was not impressed with her in the least.
    GASP! That my all time favourite film!!!!!!! simply must try and look out for your wife!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 242148
    GASP! That my all time favourite film!!!!!!! simply must try and look out for your wife!!!!
    If I can remember Jeff I will look to see the exact time of the movie this weekend.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive seen a few people wandering around town when ive been in there due to the pantomine but never actually met anyone or know anyone :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I met loads of famous people during the early/mid 60`s when [still a schoolboy], I worked part time at a local theater where my Mum had a job.

The list is almost endless, but includes the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Roy Orbison, Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Jimi Hendrix etc.etc., not forgetting [how could I? ] Cream....with a certain Mr Clapton esq.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on how famous you mean?

My ex boyfriend is a chef and is reguarly on Ready Steady Cook and various cookery programmes

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    We've met a wonderful fellow who has had an article on the front page of the newspaper about him and his fabulous collection of rock and roll memorabilia! Although I didn't see it, I'm told he was also featured on an episode of Antiques Roadshow! I wonder if that counts?
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 242233
    We've met a wonderful fellow who has had an article on the front page of the newspaper about him and his fabulous collection of rock and roll memorabilia! Although I didn't see it, I'm told he was also featured on an episode of Antiques Roadshow! I wonder if that counts?
    I wonder who that could be Donna?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 242236
    I wonder who that could be Donna?
    Gee, I wonder.....
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast