Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we upgrade from DDP to Deluxe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, it's done! We called and upgraded this morning!

We have been sitting here for a couple of hours redoing our reservations It's so exhausting DH has had to lie down and have a snooze! So, it's going to be a different sort of holiday this time, involving more planning than we usually like to do, but it's fun just chosing places we want to eat and trying them just because we can :tongue: We are wondering at what point on our return we will need to start the lettuce leaf and water diet

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent! I look forward to hearing about EVERY restaurant on Disney ;-)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    oooohhhh how exciting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 242245
    oooohhhh how exciting!
    OMG Jeff, we have been trying all afternoon to book our meals and it's a nightmare! A nice one, but still.....

Trying to plan, and just book things without going "we can't book that! It's not value for money!" We have booked more character breakfasts than we have ever been on in total

I shall report back on how we manage to do.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess maybe you should think less of value and more what you would enjoy. We always get the regular dining plan and pay for breakfast oop usually at the hotel, but once during the vacation we'll go to the Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys or Konas. But we've never been to a 2 credit dinner other than the Castle or Hoopde Doo. If we chose the deluxe, I would for the expermentation do a 2 credit dinner, use a snack for lunch and use the 1 credit for breakfast! My family starts off slow except for me. I'm the early riser and getting them motivated each day to eat a big breakfast is murder! Ty doesn't really even like breakfast foods

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont forget Cinderella Castle!!!!!!!!! Loved it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 242273
    I guess maybe you should think less of value and more what you would enjoy. We always get the regular dining plan and pay for breakfast oop usually at the hotel, but once during the vacation we'll go to the Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys or Konas. But we've never been to a 2 credit dinner other than the Castle or Hoopde Doo. If we chose the deluxe, I would for the expermentation do a 2 credit dinner, use a snack for lunch and use the 1 credit for breakfast! My family starts off slow except for me. I'm the early riser and getting them motivated each day to eat a big breakfast is murder! Ty doesn't really even like breakfast foods
    That's how we're looking at it Trish We were planning on doing at least 2 2credit dinners on the free DDP, now we can try a couple more too! I think because there are just the two of us enjoying meals together is a huge part of our experience. We also LOVE our breakfasts, and are both early risers, so that's a plus point! I don't know what I'd do if DH wasn't interested in breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 242287
    Dont forget Cinderella Castle!!!!!!!!! Loved it!
    Jeff, we have never done the castle, and were contemplating whether it was worth using 2 credits before to have the experience, but now we can just do it without worrying and have booked breakfast! We have booked/planned 28 credits each out of a total of 48 each, and even that has taken careful planning, but we are enjoying it! We will be booking probably 3 or 4 more breakfasts and another 1 or 2 lunches/dinner, and keep the rest to decide when we're there....or just buy lettuce leaves with if we feel too stuffed

So far we have:

CRT, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and Cape May for brekkie

Lunch at Tutto Italia, 50s Prime Time, Le Cellier, Coral Reef. We will also eat at Casey's a couple of times cos we love it!!!

Dinner at Olivia's at OKW (our first night in resort) San Angel Inn (twice!), Jiko, Kouzzina, Artist Point, Narcoosee, Cali Grill, Hacienda San Angel, Flying Fish, Chefs des France.

We also have Victoria and Albert's booked, and want to eat at T Rex for dinner and RFC at AK for brekkie, but of course they aren't on the DP.

Weightwatchers in March I think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12