Thread: Booster seats

Post Thanks / Like
    What age do children have to be in a full car seat till? Owen and Maisie (age 6 and 9) use booster seats at home and hope to use the same in August.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that once a child is six, it's left to the parents discretion. I'll double check for you and get right back.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    When we went I was advised it was neccessary to have a car seat (booster) until 5 years old....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 19352
    I believe that once a child is six, it's left to the parents discretion. I'll double check for you and get right back.
    Thank you. X

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it's children 5 and under in Florida who must be in a car/booster seat. However, if you don't feel your child is large enough to be safe in the car seat belts, certainly continue to use a booster.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great Tink. Thank you for that. Over here it's 11 (or below a certain height) on a booster seat. Will pick up a couple from Walmart soon after we arrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's probably best. Although, the law doesn't require it. I've never left common sense and personal safety guidance up to the government though. L-rd knows they don't get anything else right. I'm not trusting a child's safety to their "for sale" legislation.

You should be able to pick up boosters very reasonably at Walmart or Target.

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually took a couple of boosters in our luggage with us and then left them in the car when we dropped it off, we got them from Argos for 5 each and it freed up a case on the way home

Our two were 9 and 7 and much more comfortable on booster seats, also Daniel is prone to car sickness and he is better if he is higher up and can see out of the window clearly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]