View Poll Results: where would you prefer to stay at a hotel or villa ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hotel

10 47.62%
  • Villa

11 52.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where would you prefer to stay at a hotel or villa ?

Post Thanks / Like
    where would you prefer to stay at a hotel or villa ? and why

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm the first to vote and I guess my answer is obvious

I love the space and freedom of a villa and not being tied to just a room. Some days you don't want to be out all day and it's lovely being able to just relax by the pool and have a easy day.

I know I'm biased and I suspect that I'm possibly going to be the only vote for villas as most Secrets members are disney aficiandos and love everything Disney and that includes being on site.

Each to their own :-)

I just love being in Florida on holiday

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Villa - love the privacey of your own pool.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I would probably love a Villa, my DW doesn't want to be connected to cooking or cleaning when we are on vacation. Thus we stay on site in a hotel and enjoy all of the amenities.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 243383
    As much as I would probably love a Villa, my DW doesn't want to be connected to cooking or cleaning when we are on vacation. Thus we stay on site in a hotel and enjoy all of the amenities.
    Why would she have to cook and clean - restaurants provide food and with just the 2 of you I'm sure there wouldn't be anything to clean up

You should give it a go sometime, at least then you will experience both :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Haveing stayed in Hotel and 3 villas we liked the idea of private pool and to quiet drink by the pool and not have passing strangers or people walking past your room at all hours laughing and shouting so we decided to buy our own place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 243384
    Why would she have to cook and clean - restaurants provide food and with just the 2 of you I'm sure there wouldn't be anything to clean up
    I totally agree with those comments even though my DW must be the World`s No.1 cleanaholic!
    Apart from breakfast by the pool and the very occasional bbq, we always enjoy visiting many restaurants for dinner outside of those [rather expensive] ones at WDW when we stay at our villa.

That said, we always tend to spend a few days at our other "home" [the GF] whenever we go over using our DVC points to fund the stay, so in a way we have the best of both worlds.

We love our villa but also we really enjoy the GF so on that basis I can`t really vote on this poll.

Post Thanks / Like
    villa everytime for the reasons already said .......BUT i would love to stay onsite, never don that yet. not for the full 2 weeks tho cant justify the cost of a moderate hotel. and the values dont interest me at all. a few days onsite would suit me tho
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Onsite hotel for me - stayed in villas the first two trips and as much as it was lovely I prefer to be in the middle of it all - we don't need the space as we are rarely in the room, when we stayed in a villa we hardly used the pool etc as we weren't there enough. I have to be doing stuff and I don't like sunbathing/relaxing! So if DH and the kids are at the pool in the hotel I can be off doing other stuff more easily.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we've always stayed onsite so I guess I can put that side forward

We've always felt that whilst on holiday we don't want any stress. We want to drink whenever we like hic! and not drive if possible.

Staying on site gives us the Disney bus system to go wherever we want onsite with no problem other than perhaps time

We do feel the whole disney experience and the customer service which disney provides is fantastic. We have occasionally stayed in offsite hotels and have felt a little out of it.

We've stayed in values, moderates and deluxes and love them all really We've stayed for a few days or weeks at a time and basically the room ends up just being somewhere to sleep so it doesnt REALLY matter how big/small or anything else it is.

Of course, staying in the contemporary or bay lake towers with a wonderful view of the castle really can't be beaten

Would we try a villa? definitely we would. I'd LOVE to try a week in one this year/next year to see what it's like. DW would love the pool that's for sure and it would be a great base for our offsite excursions.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast