Thread: maps

Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming you can buy maps of the parks as you enter - are these expensive? Will I need a map?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maps are free in every park - they are available as you first walk through the turnstiles and yes, you will definately need one as it will help plan your day.

It's not just a map but there's info on there about show times etc

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely advise studying maps online or buying a guide book with park maps in so you have an idea of layout before you go, the parks are huge and it won't seem so overwhelming if you have an idea of where you are heading etc especially important to know there whereabouts of the busy rides so you can plan your day with the least amount of queuing. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if you've not been to the park before, you will need some time to study the map to learn where things are, and plan how you want to tour the park. It's great to have a good concept of the park layout before you arrive. Having a good guidebook is excellent, remembering of course that once it has gone to print any changes (and there will be) won't be featured. But as basic info, they are indispensable for the new guest.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We have copies of the park maps on this site here.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are also interactive maps online on the Disney web site.

You can even print these off to study when you're not at your computer. And like everyone else says, yes, you'll need the maps!

Off that Disney web site you can also customize and order printed copies of the maps although I'll admit that I don't know if that piece of functionality is available in countries other than the US.

Tom (... cartography for fun and profit!)

Post Thanks / Like
    yep its definately worth spending a bit of time researching your 'route around the parks,' you think it doesnt sink in but when you get there for the first time its like you have seen the way before, if that makes sense! lol. it will make it a little easier. well it did for us i picked up a couple of maps at the entrance for us to lok at and 1 to keep in good order to put in my scrap book for when we got home. [do i need to get out more!!]